“Nice size rooms.”

Residence Inn Camarillo
Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Camarillo
Reviewed June 22, 2014

We recently stayed here while we attended a wedding in Malibu. At check-in they seemed to be short staffed and it took a bit longer than it should have. The staff was friendly though, even when dealing with some unhappy guests whose reservations were lost. Our room was pretty nice. It was a two room suite with a kitchen and a living area. It was very clean and comfortable. It was very quiet and we were able to get a good nights sleep. The location isn't the easiest to get to but if you follow the directions, you should have no problem finding it. It is about 30-40 minutes from Malibu and about 10 minutes to the shopping in Camarillo. For the size of the hotel, I do think they should have another elevator to service the rooms towards the back of the hotel, especially if you have an elderly guest of small children in your party. Overall, I think it's a pretty nice hotel.

1  Thank Carol C
There are newer reviews for Residence Inn Camarillo

Reviewed June 13, 2014

We stayed here while our condo was getting some major work done. In total we spent a couple weeks here. The room was clean and very well maintained. In fact, this entire property was very nice, almost new. The included breakfast was good with many options (waffles, oatmeal, eggs, sausage, juices, yogurt, coffee,...etc.). Staff were always courteous and friendly. The only thing that came up a few times was the breakfast area getting busy and dirty. There could be a need for another staff person during peak times to keep tables wiped down and the buffet clean and stocked. This is a minor point and did not affect our enjoyment. Our room was on the inside facing the ball court but we were never disturbed by court noise...or by the nearby freeway for that matter.

The kitchen is sufficiently stocked with equipment to cook in or there are numerous places to eat out nearby. The dining options list we received at check-in was an excellent help for dining in the area.

I'd recommend this place for business trips, family visits or extended stays.

Room Tip: ask for a room on a high floor away from the elevator for the least noise
Reviewed May 28, 2014

My experience started when I called the day of check in to see if they had a shuttle available from the train station. The front desk wasn't particularly helpful and just said "no" instead of offering me a number for a local taxi company. The night clerk was much friendlier when I checked in and handed me a list of restaurant names that delivered. Since it was after 830pm, my only choice was pizza as the only thing nearby is a gas station with a Subway inside. They don't provide actual menus in the room so you have to call an ask what each place serves or try looking them up online. The room was big but the leather furniture was scratched and out of date. Breakfast in the morning was ok an there was a good variety. When it was time to check out, I called the front desk 5 times for someone to order me a cab and no one answered. Finally had to look it up online myself. As a long-term stay hotel, maybe they don't cater to the short term stay traveler, but it would be nice to have had more information like delivery menus and taxi phone numbers in the room or at the front desk.

Room Tip: Near the free way but I didn't here the noise.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed May 13, 2014

We had a soccer tournament here and the stay was wonderful. The hotel is about 1/2 mile from the venue, which was really convenient. It was also within 10 minutes of the outlets, food places and basically all of Camarillo. The breakfast was great, probably the best free breakfast that I have experienced without an Omelet Bar. The rooms were spacious and clean. They had a fire pit and a bbq area with tables for us to relax while the kids swam. The pool was not giant but still was really fun. The only complaint that I had was that my room was immediately next to the outdoor basketball court, which meant that it was hard to nap due to the sound of kids playing. That was to be expected since it was a tournament weekend; however, my stay would have been better if we had been facing the other way. Still, I would stay there again. I would highly recommend using their group rate, as it is significantly cheaper than the regular rate that some parents that booked late discoverd.

Room Tip: Ask for one away from the basketball court if you are trying to nap between games.
1  Thank lovetodive355
Reviewed April 15, 2014

The hotel is well located and I will go again if I have to do more businesss in Camarillo. The hotel looks clean and the room are big. The entrance to the rooms is not very nice and the carpet looks like needs a cleaning.
The rooom view in inside and for my surprise it is very relaxing and I feel go about it. It is close to the highway but I did not hear the cars.
The breakfast is something that can be improved.
I will recommend this hotel for business.

Room Tip: as for inside view making sure you will have a quite nite
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed February 24, 2014

The exterior is clean. The room decor and furniture are clean and updated. Plenty of parking. Breakfast was decent. They incorporate some of the fresh locally grown produce and fruits into the menu. There are no restaurants in the immediate area. Convenient to get to if you are traveling south on the 101.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank R S
Reviewed February 22, 2014

I loved the kitchenette and living space in the room. I usually stop at Whole Foods for buying healthy food for extended stays and was happy to have this space that included dishes to use. The hot tub was clean and relaxing. Friendly staff! Convenient location, right off 101. Bring your own hair dryer.

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank Jacqueline S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Camarillo
Hampton Inn & Suites Camarillo
Good Nite Inn Camarillo
Good Nite Inn Camarillo
#3 of 10 in Camarillo
Hilton Garden Inn, Oxnard/Camarillo

Been to Residence Inn Camarillo? Share your experiences!