“Needed Pet Friendly Hotel”

Residence Inn Camarillo
Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Camarillo
Reviewed September 3, 2013

The Residence Inn in Camarillo met our requirements nicely as we were in the process of relocating overseas. We had a pet cat that was travelling with us and we needed the room for four nights. We were expecting a "pet-friendly" room that was probably of lower cleanliness than the normal rooms. What we got was a "pet-friendly" room that had no evidence of previous pet guests! It was just as clean and comfortable as any of the other Marriott rooms I had stayed in!

There were several things that I enjoyed about this hotel , including the pool, breakfast, manager's reception, laundry facility, and exercise room. But the thing that really stood out to me was the friendliness of the entire staff, (cleaning, front desk and the people taking care of the meal area). Everybody was very help and very pleasant.

Room Tip: It's an easy on/off with the 101 freeway, but does require a vehicle to get to any dining facili...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank DaveD-on-Kwaj

Reviewed August 27, 2013

So, we had previously been staying at Homewood Suites in Oxnard, which I HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend. It's really nice, a step above the Residence Inn although they are in the same price range. But they were unavailable the remaining night of our stay, so we switched. Ugh, the difference was huge.

I checked in right at 3 PM. The room they gave me (one bedroom suite) smelled so, so bad and it hit me like a ton of bricks the second I stepped in. It smelled like a Korean BBQ/Mexican restaurant and like someone had literally been cooking onions 4 minutes before I walked in. Horrified, but in a hurry, I opened all the windows, turned on the bathroom and kitchen fans, and prayed that it would air out. Also, I found the trash cans completely full. The kitchen trash reeked and had food in it. I was about to puke. Called housekeeping to take it out, and assumed the smell would be gone when I returned. I literally feel like the room was barely cleaned from the last person. It was DISGUSTING. The room not only smelled, but it didn't feel clean at all.

Arrived back late, late that night, and upon entering with my husband and children, all of us freaked over the nasty food smell that was still STRONG. Thanks, Residence Inn. Who cleans this place?? We moved rooms, and admittedly, they were very understanding, but ew. I felt so sorry for the next person who got the room from smelly hell. I couldn't shake the whole thing and didn't feel very comfortable or clean the rest of the stay, even in our new room.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank HL950
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Our family stayed at the Residence Inn while our house was being fumigated for termites. This hotel allows pets and we were very happy we could bring our cat. Our suite was very nice, spacious and had no pet odors at all. It was nice having a full kitchen.

The complimentary buffet breakfast had a good variety and our kids had breakfast before leaving for school. One of the nights during our stay the hotel had complimentary BBQ hamburgers and beverages. There's a little convenience store by the front desk where you buy snacks and bottled water or sodas. The staff is very friendly and make you feel welcome.

The only negative comments are about the furniture. The beds were comfortable, but the sofa sleeper was horrible. The "mattress" was so thin that it was painful to try to sleep on it. The sofas and chairs were pretty worn out and need to be replaced.

We would definitely stay here again if we need to and we have recommended it to friends who had out of town guests visiting and needed a inexpensive, but nice, hotel to stay at. If you do not have pets and are concerned that the rooms would smell bad from previous pets staying there, our suite did not have any odors at all.

Room Tip: If you want ice for your room/suite buy it at the market or liquor store. There are no ice machines...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 21, 2013

Had not stayed in a Residence Inn in quite awhile and we were pleasantly surprised. The rooms were quite spacious although some pieces of furniture need to be updated they were showing wear. Breakfast was good and there were special theme dinners scheduled for some nights. Unfortunately we could take advantage of them as we only stayed one night. Also had a nice laundromat area.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 21, 2013

Again, I was down for a dressage show with 2 horses and my friend and I each had OUR OWN SUITE! It was really nice, and relaxing, friendly, helpful, courteous staff. The most comfortable hotel I have stayed in. And the breakfast was GREAT!!! Will be staying here again!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 19, 2013

We just here, 2 nights. We checked in early and they had a Studio room ready on the 2nd floor which is what I had booked. Room was very nice and well decorated BUT...room was very dirty and I wonder if even we had cleaned sheets/pillow cases. Who ever cleaned this room was very lazy. We told them about it but said I cleaned what had to be cleaned. They didn't wipe down any of the sinks, mirrors were dirty..walls had stuff on it that I won't even mention..it made me sick to my stomach. My personal opinion is that this Residence Inn is so busy they quickly clean the rooms...the hall way when you step out of the elevator on the 2nd floor had crumbs that stayed there for two days didn't bother vaccuming. I never even saw a vaccum when the maids were cleaning the rooms. Would I stay here again Yes! but I'll be sure to get a room that is well cleaned. I'll have the white gloves...I believe in second chances..

Room Tip: The rooms are good but just make sure there clean.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 19, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for 2 nights and it's not bad. Breakfast was ok but had to deal with loud children early in the morning when I just wanted to relax. The room could have been cleaned much more then what was done. The sofa looked worn out in the room and the carpet in the hallway could also be replaced on the 2nd floor. As for sleep the bed was comfy and no noise from traffic or anything else.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Camarillo
Hampton Inn & Suites Camarillo
Good Nite Inn Camarillo
Good Nite Inn Camarillo
#3 of 10 in Camarillo
Hilton Garden Inn, Oxnard/Camarillo

Been to Residence Inn Camarillo? Share your experiences!