“Great choice for the area.”

Residence Inn Camarillo
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Camarillo
Pompano Beach, Florida
“Great choice for the area.”
Reviewed August 21, 2013

Had not stayed in a Residence Inn in quite awhile and we were pleasantly surprised. The rooms were quite spacious although some pieces of furniture need to be updated they were showing wear. Breakfast was good and there were special theme dinners scheduled for some nights. Unfortunately we could take advantage of them as we only stayed one night. Also had a nice laundromat area.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Central CA coast
Reviewed August 21, 2013

Again, I was down for a dressage show with 2 horses and my friend and I each had OUR OWN SUITE! It was really nice, and relaxing, friendly, helpful, courteous staff. The most comfortable hotel I have stayed in. And the breakfast was GREAT!!! Will be staying here again!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
redwood city
Reviewed August 19, 2013

We just here, 2 nights. We checked in early and they had a Studio room ready on the 2nd floor which is what I had booked. Room was very nice and well decorated BUT...room was very dirty and I wonder if even we had cleaned sheets/pillow cases. Who ever cleaned this room was very lazy. We told them about it but said I cleaned what had to be cleaned. They didn't wipe down any of the sinks, mirrors were dirty..walls had stuff on it that I won't even mention..it made me sick to my stomach. My personal opinion is that this Residence Inn is so busy they quickly clean the rooms...the hall way when you step out of the elevator on the 2nd floor had crumbs that stayed there for two days didn't bother vaccuming. I never even saw a vaccum when the maids were cleaning the rooms. Would I stay here again Yes! but I'll be sure to get a room that is well cleaned. I'll have the white gloves...I believe in second chances..

Room Tip: The rooms are good but just make sure there clean.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Redwood City, California
Reviewed August 19, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for 2 nights and it's not bad. Breakfast was ok but had to deal with loud children early in the morning when I just wanted to relax. The room could have been cleaned much more then what was done. The sofa looked worn out in the room and the carpet in the hallway could also be replaced on the 2nd floor. As for sleep the bed was comfy and no noise from traffic or anything else.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Honolulu, HI
Reviewed August 9, 2013 via mobile

This is one of my favorite Residence Inn location. Just stayed 1 king suites. Kitchen has oven, microwave and pots & pans, most of the items you'll need for basic cooking.

Only concern is that sofa bed and blanket us staring to show age and uncomfortable to sleep.

Outlet is about 4 min. drive away.

Heated pool helps swim at cold night in CA.

• Stayed August 2013
Antioch, CA
Reviewed July 30, 2013

The Residence Inn Camarillo was the second stop on our Wedding Weekend. (The first being the Travelodge in Santa Clarita.) Our son's wedding was held in Camarillo but the rehearsal dinner was in Santa Clarita.

I titled this review "Tale of Two Hotels" as I couldn't help comparing the two hotels even though the Travelodge was a budget friendly hotel and the Residence Inn was a budget buster. I normally use a third party such as Priceline to book stays, however, since we were traveling for a specific event and needed accommodations for additional family members I booked this stay direct.

To begin, the Residence Inn's check-in is at 4:00 p.m. which is at least an hour later than most hotels. Knowing this, I contacted the hotel to request early check-in as we would be checking out of one hotel, driving an hour to Camarillo and having to wait until 4:00 to check in. I'm aware that early check-in is not guaranteed but didn't expect the greeting I received upon arrival. When I asked if we would be able to check in, the front desk person explained, a little rudely, that there were other people that arrived before me that requested early check-in. I explained that I requested early check-in beforehand (online) and asked that she take our phone number and call when a two bedroom suite was available. We were able to check in after 3:00 p.m.

The room, a two bedroom suite, was spacious and clean. One bedroom had a work desk and spacious closet and the other bedroom was a handicap room. The shelving was low and the shower was a wheel-in shower. The rooms had a living room and kitchen between the two. The sofa in the living room had a pull out bed for additional sleeping. The kitchen was well equipped with a standard sized refrigerator, two burner cook-top, toaster and microwave. This is a newer hotel and the rooms are updated and decorated beautifully.

The pool area was nice and accommodating. There's a nice size pool, plenty of lounge chairs and a nice hot tub. There are plenty of towels available and what looked like restrooms/changing area. Outside of the pool area, near the front entrance of the hotel is a fire pit area which was nice. The price of your stay includes a free breakfast. I have to say that the selections were pretty darn good. (Except that there wasn't any bacon during our stay.) There was a good variety of offerings to satisfy our family.

The location is right off the 101 and easy to get to. However, don't expect to walk to shops or restaurants, its pretty isolated.

I've stayed at Residence Inns before and I wish I could rank this one higher; however, a few glitches and issues keep me from doing so. The coffee pot in our room was missing. We had to call multiple times before one was brought. The TV in the second bedroom was not working. We didn't discover this until late Saturday evening and didn't report this until Sunday morning. (They did send someone right up to fix it.) The hotel was loud Saturday night. Our suite was located at the end of the hall but we heard noise from the hallway and the rooms above us. The light in the vanity area was so bright it would light up the entire room when someone used the bathroom in the middle of the night. I would definitely recommend bringing a night light as not to disturb others sleeping nearby.

Overall, when compared to our budget friendly stay the night before at the Traveloge Santa Clarity this Residence Inn falls a little short of my expectations. However, I would recommend it to others and would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank ebwhyte
Grover Beach CA
Reviewed July 29, 2013

We were here on points and for just one night. The room was very nice and came with a close to full size frige and a kitchen. The bed was great and the room was clean. It would be a great place to stay if your in the area for a few days. The AC was a bit too loud. The soccer complex was just across the street.
They offer breakfast with eggs, sausage, potatos, french toast sticks and waffles. Loos like they have a BBQ on week nights as well. The grounds were nice and they had a good size pool, fire pit area and basketball court.
Not too far drive to the outlet mall and 10-15 mins drive to Oxnard and Dallas Cowboys camp, the two reasons why we stayed here.
Overall a great trip and we will be back and stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Camarillo
Hampton Inn & Suites Camarillo
Good Nite Inn Camarillo
#3 of 10 in Camarillo
Hilton Garden Inn, Oxnard/Camarillo
Homewood Suites by Hilton Oxnard/Camarillo

Been to Residence Inn Camarillo? Share your experiences!