“Excellent 2 bedroom suite”

Residence Inn Camarillo
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Camarillo
Reviewed December 31, 2011

Stayed 12/25-27th in a 2 bedroom-2 bath suite. Excellent in all categories, staff was great, 5 minutes to outlet mall, breakfast was awesome. This was my 2nd stay here and will be back.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family

Reviewed November 24, 2011

The Residence Inn in Camarillo was better than the average Residence Inn. In general, Residence Inn is an excellent choice for families and this property did not disappoint.

I'm leaving a few tips below regarding directions to the property. Please don't let them intimidate you. It's a great property and we would not hesitate to stay there again.

If you are travelling southbound on 101, you have to be careful getting off on the Dawson Dr. offramp. You have to cross over incoming traffic to get to the offramp. The property, however, is right at the end of the offramp.

If you are travelling northbound on the 101 (from Los Angeles), it's tricky! Exit on Flynn Road, turn left at the end of the offramp onto Mission Oaks Bl. You will be travelling along the 101. The road then curves left under the 101 and turns into Dawson Dr. Take the first left onto Petit St. You will be travelling briefly through a residental area, so don't freak out. The property will be on the right in about 2 blocks.

If you pass the property while travelling northbound on the 101 (from Los Angeles), you're in trouble! The property is located on the east side of some railroad tracks. As far as I know, there isn't an easy way to get over the railroad tracks! As far as I know, the best thing to do is get back on the 101 and exit Dawson Dr.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Irvine_TSH
Reviewed September 11, 2011

I checked in here on Sept. 8 with plans to stay two nights. I was there on business. When I washed my hands in bathroom sink, there was a hair in the sink. The soap dish was dirty, and there were specks of something on the mirror. Cleaned those things. Went to turn on TV and there were fingerprints all over dresser TV was on. So I wiped those off. (I should add, I kept telling the front desk of this stuff when I discovered it. They apologized, but never offered to change my room.). Then I found food in the kitchen sink and the counter had food caked on it. Cleaned all of that. The desk I started working on had dried bits of food on it. Cleaned that off and cancelled the second night reservation. Sheets were clean as were towels.

So what wasn't in the room that should have been? Liquid dish soap, bath mat, note paper and pen, laundry bag. Also, dishwasher had been turned on and had clean dishes in it. I called front desk and they sent someone up to put dishes away.

I have NEVER been so disappointed in a hotel, and to think it was a Marriott! I will never stay here again!

Room Tip: Ask for a clean room
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank K8Mac1
Reviewed August 29, 2011

Upon check in I was told my Queen/Queen 1brm suite wasn't available because other guest decided to stay for one more night. After the back and forth we had to take 1brm king suite which was the only choice to stay with family of 4.

Room was almost brand new, has full kitchen with dishwasher but they only has plates for sets of 3 and only one old frying pan to cook. Why???

Room has fireplace and well appointed, everything was brand new. Pool was nice, too.
I would stay here again but be careful with reservation if you are going to stay there. They might sell your room again.

Room Tip: Everyroom seems nice
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 22, 2011

We had a nice time at this hotel. Everything was great except for one serious safety concern that all parents should be aware of. They keep very sharp knives in the lower drawer of the kitchen. Your little kids might get a hold of these when you're not aware and seriously injure themselves or others. If I hadn't discovered them first who knows what could have happened to my 15 month old!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 19, 2011

I know this area well...my family has lived in the area for 40 years, and I worked here for at time. I usually stay in Ventura, but the County Fair was on so availability led me to this property. Very nice...very clean...nicely designed studios...very nice kitchen with the basic equipment. Nice hot breakfast in the morning, friendly staff. I recommend for families visiting the area.

Room Tip: Become a member of Marriot Rewards
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed July 28, 2011

This newer Residence Inn was perfect for our family. We used the sport court to play some volleyball. It's kind of small so 3 on 3 was perfect. The room was very nice. We had the suite with the extra bedroom. The free breakfast was pretty good with eggs, cereal, muffins, bagels, and sausage hash. Yes, I said sausage hash. None of my kids would try it (lol). It was OK but my family would have preferred some potatoes or hash browns. No big deal though.

The thing that people should be aware of is the location of the hotel and the lack of an easy way to get to downtown Camarillo. It's in a quirky location directly off of a southbound exit from the 101 but if you want to go north on the 101 you have to take a VERY roundabout way to get back to downtown and the 101 north. It wouldn't have been a deal breaker for me but it is worth knowing.

I guess I should also mention that we checked in on Saturday and our room was not ready at 4pm. We weren't able to get in our room until 4:45pm which was annoying since we wanted to change clothes and just relax for a while.

Movie Night
They had a kids movie night on Saturday night in one of the conference rooms where they played Ringo. My kids didn't go but we checked it out. It was kinda funky because they had a bunch of conference room chairs facing a projector screen. It didn't look very comfortable. I don't want to sound too negative though since it was nice they were offering the movie on a big screen. My kids thought about taking a blanket into the room and laying it down on the floor in front of the screen which would have been great but we didn't get back from dinner in time. The movie night started at 7pm.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank in2geo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Camarillo
Hampton Inn & Suites Camarillo
#2 of 10 in Camarillo
Homewood Suites by Hilton Oxnard/Camarillo
Camarillo Executive Inn & Suites
Days Inn Camarillo - Ventura

Been to Residence Inn Camarillo? Share your experiences!