“Wow! Everything from a flying Japanese Zero to a Hellcat!”

WWII Aviation Museum
Ranked #4 of 27 things to do in Camarillo
Thousand Oaks, California
52 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 55 helpful votes
“Wow! Everything from a flying Japanese Zero to a Hellcat!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2013

The great thing about this museum is that the airplanes are flying or in the process of being restored to flight. Quite often you can speak to folks who are working on the planes, flying them, or both. It's basically a museum in a working hanger, so it's much more interesting than a typical museum.

Visited May 2013

Santa Cruz, California
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 301 helpful votes
“Cool museum... worth the pit stop”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2013

I had a little extra time on my hands so I went to check this place out. I'm glad I did. Very cool old planes. You can get right up to them and see what it must have been like to cruise inside them.
I'll go back.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank Danny_OI812
Florissant, Missouri
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Impressive collection”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2013

I was there with my brother, a member of the Minnesota Wing of the CAF. We were shown around by one of the members of the wing and met several other CAF personnel during the visit. First class tour and first class attention. The collection is impressive, and well displayed. It's places like this that help preserve the memory of the gallant men and women who fought WW2 in the air and kept the skies free. Someday soon, the veterans themselves will all be gone, but the CAF will keep these warbirds flying a little longer as a tribute to their service and sacrifice.

Visited March 2013
Los Angeles, CA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Travel back in time”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2013

Amazing place! I found this museum when I went to the air show. They have working WWII planes and they offer air rides!!! How exciting!!! The museum is maintained by all volunteers, mostly air-force vets and their families. It's a great organization with people that can tell you amazing stories you won't hear anywhere else. It was like traveling back in time.... I liked it so much I rented the museum for my wedding and it was SPECTACULAR! Very fitting since I met my husband at an airport. :))))) Photos came out incredible! At night, they lit up the airplanes from below for the reception. The best part is I get to visit where we got married whenever I want because the museum is open to the public. Highly recommend this place for wedding venue / hangar rental and museum.

Visited November 2012
Williamsburg, Virginia
91 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 183 helpful votes
“Not for young kids.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2013

To be sure this museum is staffed by a loyal and hard working team of volunteers. These people are passionate about there museum. They are willing to explain anything. as noted this is really an active Commemorative Air Force hanger. The museum is just two hangers but one is where to active planes are maintained.The attraction is the working planes not the static ones. Located right on the runway of a small but active airport there is lots of activity.

But this is no place for kids. They will be in and out in seconds. There is lots to read or listen to but not much to sit in or play on. I would not recommended it for any kids under 10.

Visited January 2013