“CAF Museum and Hangars”

14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“CAF Museum and Hangars”
Reviewed October 28, 2012

Good selection of planes and memorabilia from WWII. They have operational airplanes not just static show pieces. On the weekend you might catch the CAF guys taxi out and take off and fly the pattern and come back and land in one or two planes. Worth every penny and very affordable.

Visited March 2012

Los Angeles
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Best kept secret in Camarillo”
Reviewed October 20, 2012

Small, but great museum with loads of WWII and WWI aircraft and artifacts. For my husband's 60th, we bought him an hour flight on a WWII plane and he LOVED it.

Visited August 2012
Naples
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 99 helpful votes
“...complete waste of time”
Reviewed October 19, 2012

...entered...given the third degree by some verbose guy, who told me that because many of the aircraft were not there, I was getting 'a great bargain' with a reduced entry fee from $7 to $5...and that he would give me a private tour. Realizing that this guy loved hearing his own voice...I opted to wander alone...he told me that if I went out to the flight line, he would have to be with me,,,inside looked like a sad Army Surplus store...looked out to the 'flight line' which looked empty....so after 5 minutes I walked out with Mr. "I Love To Hear Myself Talk" still yapping at me! BUMMER!

Visited October 2012
5 Thank TravelerFL
Dallas
195 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 201 helpful votes
“A gem! Aircraft history up-close and personal”
Reviewed September 7, 2012

Veterans and other knowledgeable enthusiasts are available for in-depth conversations. Aircraft are up-close and constantly under restoration, tuning, etc. Several of them fly daily and you stand on the tarmac watching them in pre-flight check. A few hundred dollars will get you airborne. Mustang, Spitfire, B-25, ....

Visited September 2012
Camarillo, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Gotta love a museum with working exhibits”
Reviewed August 31, 2012

I love a museum that tries to keep its fleet in flying condition. This museum is not as big or diversified as some others but always worth a stop.