“Napa Visit”

Best Western Plus Stevenson Manor
Ranked #5 of 15 Hotels in Calistoga
Reviewed October 10, 2013

One of the great surprizes in the Napa Valley. Very affordable compared to the usual Napa prices. Located in the cute town of Calistoga (which is much less hectic than St. Helena and the other towns). Breakfast is wonderful. The staff is helpful. Nice central courtyard for impromptu wine and pizza picnic. Very close to the entrance of the Silverado Trail. Cheaper during the week.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Tammie Q, Manager at Best Western Plus Stevenson Manor, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2013

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your time.

There are newer reviews for Best Western Plus Stevenson Manor

Reviewed October 9, 2013

Normally a Best Western wouldn't be my preferred hotel of choice (not being snobby, just stating the facts). We stayed here for a wedding. The room rate was expensive for a BW but fair for the area - $255. The room was very large and clean and comfortable. We were impressed. Also walking distance to downtown of Calistoga. Another impressive quality was their customer service. A had made a few changes to my reservation leading up to the ckeck in date. I *thought* I had changed it to stay for Sat night only. Turns out I didn't and I had a 2 night stay. The manager was very helpful and credited my account the 1 night stay since I didn't use the room that night. I know she didn't have to do that and could have stuck me with the charge, but I really appreciated that she charged me for the one night, and she was very graceful about the entire thing. I'd recommend this hotel to anyone - it's not luxurious but it's clean and comfortable and in wine country!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you. I'm happy that you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed October 8, 2013

My wife and I stayed here on our first trip to the Calistoga wine country and we were both pleasantly surprised! This little hotel was great the rooms were very large and comfortable, the bed was the nicest and most comfortable that we had for the entire trip (4 different hotels). The staff was friendly and accommodating. We do not normally stay at Best Western hotels and I am not sure that this one is a fair representation of what other Best Westerns are like, because it was great! The breakfast was OK for a buffet and it could have been better with the addition of a cook to order egg station. My only complaint was the in room coffee; we did not like it at all, we found it very harsh and bitter, but the coffee at the buffet was fine. We would stay here again! As a matter of fact we are already talking about next time, because this time was so fun.

Room Tip: We really enjoyed the upstairs room with the high ceiling.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your kind review. I'll look into your concern regarding the in-room coffee.

Reviewed October 2, 2013

This is our third year returning to this property! simply put...it is nearly impossible Stevenson Manor's combination of location, quality of accommodations.., and price anywhere in the Napa/Sonoma Valleys! It is perfect for a "Base of Operations"...for your Wine Country trip!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Tammie Q, Manager at Best Western Plus Stevenson Manor, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2013

Thank you for continuing to have us in mind for your travel plans in the Napa Valley. We greatly appreciate it.

Reviewed September 30, 2013

We had a room on the second floor with a high ceiling and it was beautiful and a really good size. The location was perfect, within walking distance to town with shops and restaurants. Very close proximity to drive to The Castle and Sterling wineries. We had such a great time! Breakfast (included) was quite of spread - hard boiled eggs, toast, English muffins, bagels, bacon, make your own waffles, juices, coffee, etc. The staff was very friendly. There is a pool, hot tub, steam room and sauna.

Room Tip: I always ask for an upgrade at every hotel. Our room on the second (top) floor had high ceilings.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Tammie Q, Manager at Best Western Plus Stevenson Manor, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2013

I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for your positive review.

Reviewed September 30, 2013 via mobile

Spent two nights and we were more than happy. The room and bathroom were large and the hotel facilities were great. Good variety for breakfast which is included in your rate. Very comfy bed.
Only downside was the room was very dark even with every available light switched on. Would stay again.

• Stayed: September 2013

Thank you for your review. I will research the lighting in our guest rooms to ensure the proper wattage.

Reviewed September 27, 2013

Great place to stay to enjoy all of the wine country. It's location is so convenient to all activities in the area. We just came to shop and soak up the beautiful countryside. Will definitely consider staying at this hotel again. It was clean, friendly and helpful staff, had a great look and the room was very spacious.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Tammie Q, Manager at Best Western Plus Stevenson Manor, responded to this reviewResponded September 29, 2013

Thank you for the kind review. I'm glad that we added to the enjoyment of your trip to the Napa Valley.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Calistoga
UpValley Inn & Hot Springs
Best Western Plus Elm House Inn
EuroSpa & Inn
EuroSpa & Inn
#9 of 15 in Calistoga

Been to Best Western Plus Stevenson Manor? Share your experiences!