“average”

Cuisines: Pizza
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed July 19, 2009

There are better places to eat in Calistoga. Caesar salad was like a bag salad. Tomato basil soup - too thick, lukewarm and too rich. My friend had the Napa salad with apples and that was good.

Reviewed July 4, 2009

Let's face it, nowadays, even a loudsy deli sandwich costs $6-8. So Checkers' lunch menu is such an awesome deal to those travelling on a budget. For about $10, you get not only a gourmet sandwich, but also a decent size salad. I have never had leg of lamb sandwich and it was a great tasting experience. And if you prefer something more ordinary, I found the philly cheesesteak sandwich which my boyfriend ordered very tasty as well.

Reviewed May 19, 2009

As a local, I dine at Checkers at least once a week. They are great for lunch salad's and soups as well as pizza. My favorite entree is the Blackend Chicken Caeser Salad. Very nice and casual atmosphere.

Reviewed May 1, 2009

I am from the city and I come to Calistoga often. Most restauants in town are very fancy, but this is the best casual dining at the best price. The food is always good, the soups are different every day and are amazing. The pizzas are great and priced so low I dont know how they do it. Everything is so consistent that I know that I am going to get exactly what I had been craving since the last time I was in town. Not only is the food great but the service staff is welcoming and helpful. So if you are in Calistoga, make sure you get to Checkers at least once!

Reviewed April 19, 2009

We had a great dinner at Checkers. The Pizza was thin crust and crisp - just the way I like it! We had the Ravoili with smoked chicken and sun dried cranberries which was our favorite. Great selection of salads -

It was highly recommended and agree!