“Always a good place to get a tasty meal that has great value”
Review of Checker's

Checker's
Ranked #13 of 44 Restaurants in Calistoga
Cuisines: Pizza
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed September 26, 2011

Usually dine here at least twice a year. A great dining spot that has good food at a decent price. Menu doesn't change a lot and that makes my wife happy as the polenta is a favorite.
A good selection of wine by the glass, although the pricing is a little high.

1  Thank Boise1939

Reviewed August 5, 2011

This little restaurant has the best Espresso we have had. We always have an espresso after a meal and most of the time we are disappointed. Checkers had the best espresso. Their food was quite excellent. I had the Lamb sandwich and my wife and kids had various sorts of pizza. All of the food was fresh and tasted great. The lamb which the waitress recommended melted in your mouth. They did not have a variety in their menu but besides that I would go to this restaurant again. Great service and even better food.

Reviewed July 21, 2011

Fantastic little joint off main St. Easy walk to our hotel and the pizza was light and crisp, great meats and just the right amount of sauce. It's a 50's diner meets Italian casual....

Reviewed July 4, 2011

We LOVED our perfect meal which we had between lunch and dinner on the 4th of July. Just checked into our favorite Napa Valley resort and went into town to go to the supermarket and ate at Checkers. Service was FAST, food amazing and prices were great. We all had bites of each others dishes-- Pesto Pasta, Ravioli in red sauce, Calazone. Would have had dessert but had to get shopping done so we could go to fireworks!

Reviewed May 5, 2011

My mom and I stopped in here for what we hoped would be a quick lunch. The food was alright, but the service was terrible.
The waitress took forever to take our order. We then waited a looong time for 2 sandwiches, which shouldn't take too long to prepare. My mom liked her turkey sandwich. I got the portabello sandwich. The portabello mushroom was all chopped up, which made it very messy and difficult to eat gracefully. I've never seen portabello served chopped up in tiny pieces before, but it tasted pretty good. Also this is picky but the sandwiches were not presented very nicely, just a sandwich plunked down on a plate, without any garnish or anything. There are a lot better places to eat in the area.