Recommended by a friend, the hotel was a wonderful throwback to an era when spa resorts were really about the natural resources. The mineral pools were wonderfully relaxing, and not crowded. We tried a mud bath (for the first and, probably, last time --it's one of those things you either like or you don't) but spent most of our time soaking in the various pools. The only drawback is when the Calistoga auto races are happening, the volume from the course level probably exceeds allowable noise pollution standards. It was painfully loud, but thankfully, ended Sunday night. If you're going on a week-end, check to make sure the rally isn't happening. Otherwise, it was a great place to stay, and Calistoga was a welcome relief after the high-end shoppes and restaurants of Napa and Sonoma. Check out the Geysers if you stay at Dr. Wilkinson's. Another funky throwback, but a good deal.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Calistoga landmark offering contemporary lodging and wonderful treatments and pools! Contemporary rooms with easy access to three sparkling mineral water pools. Located in the heart of historic downtown Calistoga within steps of numerous restaurants, shops and tasting rooms. Dr. Wilkinson's is a mid-century modern icon in the Napa Valley. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com and Expedia so you can book your Dr. Wilkinson's Hot Springs Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dr. Wilkinson`s Hot Springs Hotel Calistoga
- Dr Wilkinsons Hot Springs Resort
- Dr Wilkinsons Hot Springs Hotel