Dr. Wilkinson's Hot Springs Resort
EuroSpa & Inn(Calistoga)(Great Value!)
$179
$299
$199
UpValley Inn & Hot Springs(Calistoga)(Great Value!)
$152
$143
AscendHotels
Best Western Plus Stevenson Manor(Calistoga)(Great Value!)
$179
BestWestern.com
Solage, an Auberge Resort(Calistoga)
$589
Travelocity
$449
$409
Travelocity
Roman Spa Hot Springs Resort(Calistoga)
$240
$210
Calistoga Ranch, An Auberge Resort(Calistoga)
$1,000
All reviewsmud bathspa treatmentssteam roombath housewine countryblanket wrapoutdoor poolthe main streethot springsthe location is perfectmineral poolrestaurants and shopswine glassesget awayking roomcouples massagelove this place
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 18, 2013

I've been staying at Dr Wilkinson's each year for for my birthday weekend for 3 years now. I can't imagine staying anywhere else. They've got it all right for someone who wants a weekend of relaxing and being pampered. I go with girlfriends or my young daughter, it would be nice for a couple too! The location is perfect as it's just across the road from a yummy market and just a block away from downtown where it's fun to shop and dine. You never have to get in your car!! The staff turnover seems to be pretty low as I see the same faces each time. Service in the spa is wonderful, the attendants really take care of you. It's a no-frills place that seems to be of a 50's design, very basic, not fancy, but the minimalism gives it a sense of pureness and healing, or should I say "ZEN"? As you enter the grounds, a peaceful aura seems to envelope you, what a refuge from the stresses of everyday life! I feel as if I'm floating the entire time. And don't miss out on the wonderful facials, the girl that does them is amazing, I won't have a facial anywhere else. GO AND SPLURGE, I highly recommend it!!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 18, 2013

My wife and I love this place. This is our third stay and we will continue to come back. When we made our reservations to celebrate my birthday over the December 6-8 weekend, the staff member taking the reservation accidentally misquoted the rate on the room we requested. Not only did Mark ensure that we got the room we wanted he graciously honored the lower rate with no hassles. Truly a sign of someone that cares about his customers.

As for the resort, the mineral pools are outstanding. There are three of them; one of which is indoors and kept at 103 degrees. It is large enough that you can enjoy the experience with your loved one without having to listen to everyone else's conversations. The middle pool is outdoors and kept at about 90 degrees. The 90 degree pool felt awesome on the cold December nights that we were there.

The resort is older, but is well maintained, and the rooms are very nice. We stayed in one of the Superior rooms that had been upgraded as Mark mentions in several of his responses below. The furniture was nice, the TV was a flat screen and got the full compliment of DirecTV non-movie channels, and the bed was great; we slept awesome. The nice touch of providing wine glasses and a corkscrew made it easy to enjoy wine in our room.

We love the location being right on the main street (Lincoln St). We parked our car and only had to use it when we wanted to go to an out-of-town winery. You can walk to everything you need, and we especially like the CalMart grocery store right next door. The store sells wine, a good selection of cheeses, and has a nice deli. This is our go to place when we come to Calistoga.

Finally, my only wish of the resort would be to add the ability to have a couples massage with my wife. Unfortunately, this is not offered by the resort as of this time.

Thanks again Mark. We hope to make it back to the resort this Summer.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 5, 2013

This Hotel is Vintage and I love it!!!! Has a family run feel and non corporate.
The swimming pools were great and my facial was wonderful by the most caring
and kind staff.

I love the history the spa has with pictures on the walls.

Mark Wilkinson truly cares for the quality of your stay something you do not see
anymore.

Cheers to Hot Springs resort!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Mark W, Owner at Dr. Wilkinson's Hot Springs Resort, responded to this reviewResponded December 7, 2013

Dear Janjack,

Thank you so very much for the kind words! I am so happy that you enjoy your visits here and of course, love the personal comments! Indeed, we are family run and much of our staff has been here for a number of years happily greetng and looking forward to seeing our return guests and meeting new ones!

We are always doing something to subtly upgrade the property without taking away the "feel" of the resort. We just recently replaced most of our televisions with great new flat screens to enjoy after a soak in a pool or a great massage!

Again, my thanks.

Reviewed November 13, 2013

My mom, aunt, sister, cousin, and I had a girls getaway at Dr. Wilkinson's. The hotel is very clean but very old. The hi-lo carpet and avocado countertops reminded me of my childhood in the 70s. We were comfortable except for the bright light outside our door at night. I wish there were black out curtains or blinds. The grounds were very nice and the warm pools/hot tubs were nice, too. We set up our own wine and cheese picnic in the courtyard after our fabulous spa day. The staff is constantly walking around making sure the guests are comfortable..."Do you need a towel?" "Would you like bubbles in the hot tub?" It was the best customer service I have received in a long time.

The spa was clean and the staff courteous and professional. I took "The Works" package and it was well priced and delightful. I would do it again.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank familyfunMBSM
Mark W, Owner at Dr. Wilkinson's Hot Springs Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2013

Thank you so much for your kind review. I am glad that you enjoyed your visit here with us and hope to see you again soon.! We are always in the process of redoing our rooms and counters and carpets have been changed in many of our rooms. Our King Superiors and Double Queen Superiors have all been redone and wonderful new flat screen t.v.'s have been added!

Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed November 13, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I stayed at this hotel for one evening and were happy with the room as the bed was comfortable but the hotel could definitely do with a little update. Carpet had a couple of stains on them around the sink area that have obviously been there for awhile.

We looked at booking at the spa for a mud bath but were looking for a couples offering as we were on our honeymoon. We decided to go to another spa for our treatments so I can't comment on baths or spa.

Overall - average hotel, comfortable bed but could do with an update.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ryanjbrown

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. Your comments are well taken and we are in process of redoing many of our rooms. I hope that you give us another try and perhaps stay in one of our King or Double Queen Superior rooms, all of which have been recently renewed with new counters, fixtures, carpeting and flat screen televisions.

Best wishes,