My wife and I love this place. This is our third stay and we will continue to come back. When we made our reservations to celebrate my birthday over the December 6-8 weekend, the staff member taking the reservation accidentally misquoted the rate on the room we requested. Not only did Mark ensure that we got the room we wanted he graciously honored the lower rate with no hassles. Truly a sign of someone that cares about his customers.
As for the resort, the mineral pools are outstanding. There are three of them; one of which is indoors and kept at 103 degrees. It is large enough that you can enjoy the experience with your loved one without having to listen to everyone else's conversations. The middle pool is outdoors and kept at about 90 degrees. The 90 degree pool felt awesome on the cold December nights that we were there.
The resort is older, but is well maintained, and the rooms are very nice. We stayed in one of the Superior rooms that had been upgraded as Mark mentions in several of his responses below. The furniture was nice, the TV was a flat screen and got the full compliment of DirecTV non-movie channels, and the bed was great; we slept awesome. The nice touch of providing wine glasses and a corkscrew made it easy to enjoy wine in our room.
We love the location being right on the main street (Lincoln St). We parked our car and only had to use it when we wanted to go to an out-of-town winery. You can walk to everything you need, and we especially like the CalMart grocery store right next door. The store sells wine, a good selection of cheeses, and has a nice deli. This is our go to place when we come to Calistoga.
Finally, my only wish of the resort would be to add the ability to have a couples massage with my wife. Unfortunately, this is not offered by the resort as of this time.
Thanks again Mark. We hope to make it back to the resort this Summer.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Calistoga landmark offering contemporary lodging and wonderful treatments and pools! Contemporary rooms with easy access to three sparkling mineral water pools. Located in the heart of historic downtown Calistoga within steps of numerous restaurants, shops and tasting rooms. Dr. Wilkinson's is a mid-century modern icon in the Napa Valley. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz and Travelocity so you can book your Dr. Wilkinson's Hot Springs Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dr. Wilkinson`s Hot Springs Hotel Calistoga
- Dr Wilkinsons Hot Springs Resort
- Dr Wilkinsons Hot Springs Hotel