This place is a trip!!
We recently stayed two nights here on the Stress Stopper Package which included the room and the full mud bath experience with a 30 minute massage.
We were in room 26 which is downstairs and very close to the pools.
The room was totally mid century funky with great funk-licious wallpaper and carpet.
The room was large with a nice sized bathroom and updated shower.
Nothing fancy.. but it was cool if you like anything mid century modern.
If you are looking for 'fancy' or foo-foo.. then you wont like this place!
The room was spotlessly clean and had an a/c unit to keep the room cool.
The beds were great and had more pillows than any place I've ever been. I think there were 12 usable pillows on the beds (not the gross decorative kind that never get cleaned and you throw on the ground as soon as you walk in the room!!)
Only complaints are the TV is freakin tiny. ... Its in a huge cabinet, but the TV is about 12 inches!!!
and the noise from the room above is LOUD!! Super loud. The footsteps sound like they are doing jumping jacks.
I would definitely recommend getting a room on the top floor!
WIFI in our room worked perfectly, but they do have a disclaimer that some areas on the property have poor reception.
There are also 3 bungalows that are in the back behind the pool. Those don't appear to have the same mid century vibe to them.
Spotlessly clean! The place was pretty empty the 2 days we were there so we had most of the mineral pools to ourselves.
2 outdoor pools heated to 80* and 90* and one inside pool that was much hotter (102*)... more like a large spa.
This place is not fancy.. but it is clean and nice.
Great location too... right on the main street in Calistoga so you can walk to any restaurant you want. Also there is a grocery store right next door which is very convenient.
Spa/ Mud Bath:
AWKWARD! Don't be shy or you will not like it.
There isn't any privacy so you better be comfortable letting it all hang out.
The Mud Bath itself last 15 minutes. To me it was a little claustrophobic and a little hard to really relax. The mud was hot and thick and it is funny to get in and try to wiggle your naked body down into the mud while the bath attendant shovels more on top of you! Interesting experience!
The rest was more enjoyable... I didn't mind the soak in the tub with the mineral water and jacuzzi-like bubbles. The sauna is tiny and would be really awkward to be in there with a stranger!
The massage was good. Not the best but not horrible.
All in all the mud bath was an interesting experience. Not sure I would do it again but is fun to experience if you don't mind being naked around people and cleaning mud out of your cracks and crevices in an open shower with no door.
Did I say "awkward"??!!
The motel staff and spa staff here were very nice and friendly!
We had a fun time here!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Calistoga landmark offering contemporary lodging and wonderful treatments and pools! Contemporary rooms with easy access to three sparkling mineral water pools. Located in the heart of historic downtown Calistoga within steps of numerous restaurants, shops and tasting rooms. Dr. Wilkinson's is a mid-century modern icon in the Napa Valley. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com so you can book your Dr. Wilkinson's Hot Springs Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dr. Wilkinson`s Hot Springs Hotel Calistoga
- Dr Wilkinsons Hot Springs Resort
- Dr Wilkinsons Hot Springs Hotel