We have stayed at this location several time, usually the beginning of each year. It is a decent hotel. Compared to the prices in the rest of the Napa Valley, it is an excellent value.
If you are looking for a Spa, this really is more of a hotel, so consider it more for sleeping than for pampering. There is a mineral bath, but it is not a spa setting. Calistoga is one of my favorite places to stay and we love the location, right at the end of the Silverado Trail. (We also enjoyed our dining experience at Checkers). The hotel provides a great launching platform to visit wineries.
This last time we stayed we were in room 105 which is set for four with two queen beds. The generously sized bathroom had a toilet, tub/shower combo and one sink on a granite counter. It included all the little soaps and four sets of towells. It also had a hair drier. The tile work is very shoddy and the caulking sloppy but all was clean.
The carpets are definitely showing there wear but weren't too dirty.
The beds were modern with a perfect balance of soft and firm. The bed linens were modern, clean, and brilliant white. They definitely looked clean and felt comfortable for the germ-conscience.
There are a few negatives. The air conditioners are really disappointing. The fans are loud, blow cold air every few minutes, and the heat pump compressors (run for heatuing or cooling) are really loud. Even when fully off, they start up every once in awhile and blow a blast of cold air. I woke up everytime.
They offer a small breakfast including boiled eggs, bagels, and fresh made waffles. Enough for me.
Overall, we stay here every time we go through central California and will likely do so again and again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the legendary healing of Calistoga's geothermal mineral hot springs as you soak in our outdoor swimming pool and hot tub, followed by a relaxing turn in our steam room and dry sauna. Get your mornings started right with our fitness room and follow up your workout with our complimentary hot breakfast with eggs, sausage and biscuits. We also offer offsite spa services and packages at a renowned Calistoga day spa, as well as meeting and events space for groups and businesses. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Choice Hotels, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your UpValley Inn & Hot Springs reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Inn Calistoga, Hot Springs Of The West Hotel Calistoga
- Clarion Collection Calistoga
- Clarion Collection Hotel Calistoga