We stayed at this hotel primariily because of the terrific reviews on TripAdvisor, and secondarily because of the low price we negotiated. We were there for 3 days to explore the wineries and great restaurants that make this area so appealing.
First we have to give credit where credit is due. Sean, the manager on duty, was outstanding! I don't think "no" was in his vocabulary. He did everything to make sure we were accommodated in every way. If Comfort Suites execs are checking these reviews, please make sure to give this manager the credit and money he deserves!
Now, on to the review. For the price, this hotel ticked off all the boxes. Close to town. We did walk to breakfast. Very comfortable beds and bedding. We actually bought pillows they were so great!
Clean and well maintained. We reported a shower problem and it was corrected when we returned the same day. Quiet. Good water pressure. Good breakfast with eggs, sausage and made to order waffles.
The reason I gave this hotel a very good, rather than an excellent is because it is not a place you want to spend much time in other than sleeping. But, the point of staying in this area is to be out at the wineries, little towns and restaurants, so this hotel fits the bill. I just think Comfort Suites could have built a better looking, less cheaply constructed place. The pool area is quite small and the common areas are dreary, including the view off the balconies. This is a shame, because with some improvement in landscaping and architectural details, this place would be so much nicer. Decking the courtyard, adding a fire pit, new outdoor furniture, lush landscaping and improved lighting would go a long way. We would have spent more time in these areas, drinking our wine and picnicking if these improvements were made.
I do recommend the hotel for the price, comfort and excellent staff for a short stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the legendary healing of Calistoga's geothermal mineral hot springs as you soak in our outdoor swimming pool and hot tub, followed by a relaxing turn in our steam room and dry sauna. Get your mornings started right with our fitness room and follow up your workout with our complimentary hot breakfast with eggs, sausage and biscuits. We also offer offsite spa services and packages at a renowned Calistoga day spa, as well as meeting and events space for groups and businesses. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Choice Hotels, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Agoda, getaroom.com, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Comfort Inn Calistoga, Hot Springs of the West reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Inn Calistoga, Hot Springs Of The West Hotel Calistoga
- Clarion Collection Calistoga
- Clarion Collection Hotel Calistoga