“Perfect Getaway In Every Way”
Review of Chateau de Vie

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Calistoga
Chateau de Vie
Ranked #2 of 27 Calistoga B&B and Inns
cali
“Perfect Getaway In Every Way”
Reviewed January 15, 2013

My wife and I had an amazing 24 hour getaway from our busy lives at Chateau de Vie and it was the perfect retreat. The rooms, the service and the surroundings are top notch, there was amazing wine and cheese, delicious breakfast whilst looking at the vineyards, comfy beds, quiet rooms. I can't recommend it highly enough for a romantic trip in the beautiful wine country.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
Sebring
Reviewed January 1, 2013

This past summer, we took a risk and booked an entire week's stay at Chateau De Vie. We hit the jackpot!! There is no better setting than the one that Phillip and Peter have created at Chateau De Vie. The grounds are beautiful and the level of attention to detail that they have put into every aspect of this bed & breakfast is amazing. The Carriage House is, hands-down, the most romantic place that my wife and I have had the privilege to have stayed; with its fireplace, tub and vineyard setting. We especially enjoyed stepping out on to its private deck in the morning to find a delicious pot of fresh coffee sitting on the table outside our door. Breakfast will never be the same as the wonderful spread prepared and served us each morning at Chateau De Vie. The scones are out of this world!! We actually decided that the breakfasts were some of the best meals we had ever eaten; a complement that I have NEVER before associated with the meal that starts your day. Then, as if that wasn't the best, after a day of visiting the wineries of Napa and Sonoma, the day ended with the wonderful wine, fruit, cheeses, crackers and homemade gourmet spreads provided on the deck overlooking the vineyard and mountains. It turned out to be such a romantic setting and way to end the day, we decided to cancel all of the dinner reservations that we had made at the finest Napa restaurants well in advance of our trip. We will definitely return; again and again. Truly a very special place!

Room Tip: Carriage House is beyond compare!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 31, 2012

My Fiance and I had the most amazing time here in this cute, cozy, stylish, welcoming bed in breakfast. We stayed here right before Christmas in 2012. The owners were very warm and extremely helpful when it came to recommendations for dinner and wineries. We loved loved loved the amazing breakfast that was served in the morning. Its not going to be the "normal" bed and breakfast. They truly go out of their way to make the breakfast unique and tasty. We also had some extremely picky house mates that weekend when it came to their food... Phillip and Peter were happy to make what ever changes they needed for their dietary restrictions (although I must say they really missed out on a great breakfast)

They had movies for you to pick out and watch (good movies too), they had books, There is a T.V. in the shared living room. There is wine out for guest to enjoy at their leisure.

I have been to some very expensive bed and breakfasts, but this one is very moderate in price and has out done them all. I wish I could give this place a 10... because that is truly what they deserve.

Room Tip: All rooms are great. If you want a room away from the house there are private cottages in the back.
San Francisco, California
Reviewed December 11, 2012

I have returned from CDV 2 days ago and it was so good that I try to really remember it to make sure it wasn't a dream.
Everything was AMAZING.
1. Hospitality - Philip and Peter are wonderful people. I wish I had more time to chat with both of them.
2. Service - I have never seen anything like this in the numerous B&B's I've stayed at over the years. So much love and care to the guests, everything at it's right place and nothing is missing.
3. Food - Philip should open his own restaurant!
4. Location - Everyone I sent the picture of the view from the chateau had one reaction - WoW!

Thank you so much for this amazing (engagement) experience. You made it all that much more perfect.
We will come again for sure, and recommend everyone to go.

Huntsville, Alabama
Reviewed November 25, 2012

Tonight is our last night at CDV. All I can say is we will definitely stay again! The grounds are beautiful, rooms are so comfortable and breakfast to die for! Would recommend for anyone who wants a quiet and enjoyable stay in wine country!

• Stayed November 2012
Malibu, California
Reviewed November 25, 2012

I'm almost reluctant to write this review, as I want one of these 5 sought after rooms to be available next time we travel to Napa and Calistoga so, if Philip and Peter had not been such absolutely perfect hosts and such wonderful people to have had the opportunity to meet I would not be writing this review at all.

The bottom line is their heart is in this place and it shows. We visit Napa often and until now have stayed one of the various major resorts.. Meadowood, Calistoga Ranch, Solage, Auberge. And due to an overly booked at the aforementioned resorts weekend, we stumbled upon this gem!

We stayed in the last room available, the only room was quite small with a bath located in the hall. Although it was NOT a shared bath we were still apprehensive at the prospect.. But do not let this deter you if this is the only room available we are so grateful we didn't!!

The room was clean and comfortable but the star was the cozy chateau itself. The weather was gloomy and each day we returned in the afternoon to a warm fire, wine and delicious snacks awaiting us. There is so much care put into making sure that your stay is special, that just cannot be matched by a corporate hotel.

When we woke in the morning you are drawn from bed as in hypnosis to the smell of the most carefully prepared delicious innovative breakfast. The stay is worth the breakfast alone.

The topper is that on the 2 acres surrounding the vineyard they make the most fabulous wine. a treat to take home and toast to the memory of our trip...

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Schmutterfly
Reviewed November 2, 2012

The hosts are incredable, attention to detail is everywhere. Culinary magic, beautiful gardens, relaxing, what a wonderful place.
Lap pool for swimming, hot tub for relaxing.
Our favorite bed and breakfast.

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank Dcoe01
Also consider these accommodations in or near Calistoga
Wine Country Inn & Cottages
Calistoga Ranch, An Auberge Resort
Luxe Calistoga
Luxe Calistoga
#3 of 27 in Calistoga

Been to Chateau de Vie? Share your experiences!