“The Lakehouse Restaurant at Calistoga Ranch” 4 of 5 bubbles

The Lakehouse Restaurant at Calistoga Ranch
Ranked #21 of 44 Restaurants in Calistoga
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Ridgewood, New Jersey
“The Lakehouse Restaurant at Calistoga Ranch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2014

Quaint and quiet spot for some down time in a serene setting. If you are staying at the hotel is it definitely worth dining there at least once. It is quite expensive though.

Visited June 2014

Los Angeles, California
“Great Meal In Beautiful Natural Surroundings”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2014

Eric Y. summed it up perfectly when he described Lakehouse Restaurant as "rustic-luxe." I dined here during my stay at Calistoga Ranch a few weeks ago and was so impressed with the food, the service, and the gorgeous natural surroundings of the area. Calistoga Ranch is an Auberge resort, which is why it's no surprise that everything about it, including the Lakehouse Restaurant, was exceptional. To get to the restaurant, you can either walk or call a golf cart from your room to shuttle you. Directly across from the walkway that leads you to the restaurant is the entrance to the wine cave which is so beautiful - definitely check that out before heading in. If it were closer to LA, I'd have my wedding there! The walkway itself cuts through a forested area, so you walk under a canopy of trees all the way to the entrance of the restaurant. Steve, the bartender, is awesome. I had a glass of wine while waiting for my friends to arrive and he was a great conversationalist, giving me a brief rundown on the history of the hotel and offering recommendations for daytime activities.

Ambience is romantic, and the meal itself was delicious. Somehow, every dish that came out was better than the last, but my favorites were the scallops and pea salad. I'm still drooling over that pea salad...I had a glass of rosé with my meal which perfectly complemented the serene outdoor setting. Everything about Lakehouse Restaurant, and Calistoga Ranch as a whole, is relaxing, and you can't help but feel rejuvenated after experiencing it.

• Visited August 2014
Waltham, Massachusetts, United States
“Fantastic food, service, and fun!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2014

We almost skipped the Lakehouse this year in favor of Napa's many other offerings, but we ended up going and were very glad we did. Not cheap, but worth the splurge!!

Visited July 2014
California
“Just perfect!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2014

The restaurant was quiet, unique and personable. The staff makes you feel like family. Sitting on a deck overlooking a lake and into the Calistoga Valley is quite a soothing experience at the end of the day. Kyle helped us navigate the menu and the entire experience. It truly topped the end of the day for us.

Visited July 2014
San Francisco, California
“Delicious tasting menu”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2014

on our second visit to the restaurant, the Chef prepared a personal tasting menu for us. We felt very special!

Visited April 2014