“Never again”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Boskos Trattoria

Boskos Trattoria
Ranked #8 of 44 Restaurants in Calistoga
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Dining on a budget, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Los Angeles
“Never again”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2009

My wife and I were celebrating out 10th wedding anniversary in Napa. I included Boskos Trattoria in our itinerary since we were in the area. The ambience was welcoming but overshadowed by the personnel’s disappointing performance and the average food quality.
The server was not informative, courteous, attentive, prompt or efficient. Took about Refills were far in between as well as seeing other people being served that arrived and ordered after us. I had a feeling that we were not welcomed in their restaurant. I still gave it a chance so I wouldn’t spoil our special outing. We ordered the following items: The Garlic Bread with the garlic butter and Romano Cheese and the Italian Sausage sandwich. My wife ordered the Bistecca Americano. The quality of my wife’s entrée was average and not worth the $21 price tag. Although the Garlic Bread was delicious, my entrée was also disappointing and certainly not exciting. I could have taken her to subway ordered a $5 meatball footlong and would have continued out wine tasting without delay and no fuss.

Our overall dining experience was disappointing and would never recommend this restaurant.

I almost forgot, the server was attentive only when he brought the bill and it was time to pay.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
an8844
“Great restaurant; affordable, friendly staff!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2009

My girlfriend and I ate dinner at Boskos Trattoria, it was a great choice! I ate a panini and my girlfriend ate chicken alfredo. Our waiter was very friendly and helpful as we were trying to decide on a good wine. The food was delicious, I highly reccommend this place for dinner!

2 Thank an8844
Baton Rouge
“Good choice!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2008

This is a very good casual Italian place in Napa Valley. The service is good, the food is very fresh...we really enjoyed our dinner here.

My husband got the pepperoni pizza which was really, really good! I had the pasta dish with scallops which was also pretty good. The pasta is made in house and it is very fresh.

Definitely one of the better places to eat!

2 Thank soontobemrsf
Calistoga
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great pizza and even better wines”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2008

We were out all day and needed a quick bit of food before our reservation at one of those expensive restuarants. We stopped by and got a quick Margherita pizza. WOW! We looked at the winelist and had a glass. We then cancelled our reservations and ate there. Great service, even better than some of those big time places in Napa.

1 Thank ebrad0310
Boston
“A great spot”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2008

When thinking Italian in the small town of Calistoga I expectations were not that high. I was surprised to wrong. Service was great - the atmoshere was very casual and the setting is right in downtown Calistoga. The food was exceptionally good for such a small town. Being from Massachusetts I set my bar as compared to the North End of Boston or Federal Hill in Providence. By no means was it that good but for the price and location it definitely gets 5 *s. Our table split a pizza which was average but others got pasta nd gnochi's. Both were fantastic. We also ate at the Flatiron grill the night before - I would head to Boskos first. Also - for a hoot try Sissy's Bar across the street. Lots of local talent.

2 Thank tmarcone