“Good place for casual pizza”
Review of Boskos Trattoria

Boskos Trattoria
Ranked #6 of 44 Restaurants in Calistoga
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed December 20, 2011

My wife and I went for a casual pizza dinner after several nights of higher-end restaurants, and Boskos hit the spot. The staff was very friendly and the pizza was excellent. A wine list which included more than California wines (sometimes hard to find in Napa/Sonoma). The only downsides were that the mixed salad had very little in it; lettuce, tomatos and cukes only, and our server disappeared after she brought the pizza, so I couldn't order a glass of water. Still, we enjoyed it.

Reviewed November 28, 2011

We stopped by Boskos Trattoria after wine tasting for lunch. We were seated promply and the service was excellent. The food was good. We both had pasta dishes. I had the Fettuchini Trevisio - it was hot and the sauces and seafood blended quite well. My wife had the Sophias Rigatoni, which she enjoyed as well. Their wood fired pizzas looked excellent and we may try one on our next trip! All in all a very nice meal in a good setting!

1  Thank jcwillis1
Reviewed November 21, 2011

We went here on our honeymoon. The authentic Italian food here is delicious!!! Our server, Anna, treated us as if we were family. She let us sample wines before ordering them. I inquired about smaller food portions and she told me I could get the kids meal or suggested that my husband & I share a meal. She brought us both salad dressings so we could taste the difference. Bottles of wine to go are 1/2 price on Thursdays. I like sweet wines and was very impressed with Rose' - Cornicelli, Brachetto, 2009...floral aromas, sweet & slightly sparkling wirh strawberries & raspberries. Anna even gave us a complimentary slice of cheesecake as her wedding gift to us. I would definitely eat here again.

Reviewed November 14, 2011

We ate dinner here and we loved it . We had 3 entrees for the 2 of us...Pizza, Homemade pasta, Chicken caesar salad. The food was phenomenal and the service was great as well. Easy to find, it's right on the Main Street, Calistoga downtown. Unfortunately, there is no room for desserts, so we just passed it. Maybe we'll try next time. We'd like to recommend Boskos, if you're looking for the great Italian Food !

Reviewed November 14, 2011

Nice setting in the downtown-- can even buy Napa wine there to take away.