“Great personal service”
Review of Calistoga Bikeshop

Calistoga Bikeshop
More attraction details
Owner description: Full-service bike shop featuring Self-guided wine tours, guided excursions, point 2 point adventures, rentals, a fully stocked retail space with Cervelo, Moots, Felt, Electra, Santa Cruz, Niner, Volagi, Co-Motion, Castelli, Pearl, Garneau, and more. We offer the broadest range of rental bikes in the valley, from kid's bikes and trailers to Cervelos available. We specialize in customizing each experience to whatever level is preferred - from cruising a well-equipped comfortable bike to the wineries to rolling to Healdsburg on a beautiful $4500 dollar road bike.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
Reviewed July 17, 2009

I organized a special "girls weekend in Napa" for seven friends, which included the shop's Cool WInes Tour. Friendly staff and attention to detail made this a great experience. We especially appreciated the short notice "rescue" pick-up at a local winery, after the intense summer heat sapped everyone's strength and enthusiasm for the long ride back into town. This was no mean feat with so many bikes, but Brad (the owner) did it with a smile and a friendly attitude, which we all appreciated. Great customer service!

Reviewed July 15, 2009

I live in Calistoga but had never gone on a Cool Wine Tour until this weekend when my sister-in-law brought five of her girlfriends up for a visit and arranged for all us to go.
From the fitting of bikes, to directions, and delivering our catered lunch, the 'boys' at the shop were terrific. After continuing our wine tasting through our picnic lunch though, several divas (as divas do) decided enough was enough. The Bike shop came and picked them and their bikes up and drove them back to town.... and all with a smile! Now that is service.
I'm already planning my next tour with another group of friends.

1  Thank sassycalistoga
Reviewed June 4, 2009

I will start off by saying that I never ride a bike! However, I wanted to find a fun way to tour the local boutique wineries of Calistoga with my sister. The Cool Wine Tour was a great way to accomplish this! The staff is very, very helpful, even over the phone and by email (pre-trip planning). They gave us detailed directions on the routes to take and ideas for lunch. We bought sandwiches at the Palisades Deli (downtown) before leaving, and the sandwiches were devine! We did not make it to the last winery on the tour-Dutch Henry because it was a bit further (and I was hot and tired). We also added our own stop at Summers (which is across from Envy), and it was one of our favorites. The bike shop pays your wine tasting fees and pick up whatever you purchase, so it was a good deal for us (bought 8 or 9 bottles). By far, Vincent Arroyo was the best winery because they gave detailed explanations, history, tour, and tastings out of the barrels. Unbelievable stop! We also ate lunch here at the picnic tables, and it was so relaxing! Very disappointed with Envy, August Briggs, and Twomey---where we sampled wine but got no education. They did answer questions and were generally nice. Bennet Lane was a nice place to visit, and the woman gave detailed explanations and refilled our water bottles. I highly recommend this bike tour!!!!!!!

1  Thank WhiteSoxGal
Reviewed May 23, 2009

My husband and I decided to do the Cool Wine Tour, spur of the moment, after the polite young men at Calistoga Bikeshop easily convinced us it would be a fun way to spend our day. They sure were right! My husband and I haven't been on bicycles for a LONG time and I hardly consider us to be fit.... but, the guys at the shop set us up on comfortable hybrid bikes and we had a blast! A few small hills had us huffing and puffing a bit, but it made us feel even better about our day wine tasting. What a great way to get some exercise!! They guys at the shop scheduled our appointments, mapped out a simple and easy-to-follow route, and even gave us suggestions for lunch along our way! We had a blast and would suggest this to anyone to add some fun to a day of wine tasting!

1  Thank shbayley
Reviewed April 12, 2009

The Cool Wine Tour is great: you get excellent bikes, fitted just right, map, directions, and appointments with wonderful wineries. The service is great, and the guy even picks up for you the winebottles you buy along the way - leaving you only with the paddling around the beautiful Calistoga region. The bottles await you back in the shop at the end of the day. Great deal, great service, and great fun.

1  Thank hilori