1,075 results
All reviewssolbar restaurantsol barmudslide treatmentmud slideexercise classescruiser bikesthe lemon ricotta pancakeswine countrynapa valleyspa poolmain poolturn down servicefitness centerprivate patiosilverado trailcomplimentary bikescouples massage
Reviewed October 13, 2017

My husband and I thought Solage was lovely. The food was excellent. The spa and mineral baths were very relaxing and we were able to access the baths even when we were not using the spa. We enjoyed access to the Mercedes-Benz vehicles during out stay and they also helped us easily arrange car service back to the airport. Having the bikes available was an easy way to get around. It made me think to try an Auberge Resort in a different destination or come back here with my family.

• Stayed: October 2017, traveled as a couple
Laurel R, Guest Relations Manager at Solage, an Auberge Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2017

Thank you so much, Michaela H! We are glad to hear you enjoyed our property in its entirety!

Reviewed October 12, 2017

Quiet, peaceful, amazing amenities, ideal location (hiking and biking, bikes provided), delicious bath products, the most comfortable beds and robes ever! They even have cars you can use! Full service spa and gym with all the classes you would expect and more.

Room Tip: All rooms are separate cottages.
  • Stayed: October 2017, traveled as a couple

Thank you, MaureenM693! We are glad to hear you enjoyed our peaceful property and our bountiful amenities!

Reviewed October 9, 2017

This is about the third or fourth time we have stayed at Solage. The prices have gone up big time and I feel the service has declined a bit.
We checked in and the girl helping us didn't seem very tenured or experienced in the hospitality business. If I wanted to I probably could have made her cry and want to quit but the yogi in me refrained. We asked for a tub in our room and she said they were committed and couldn't upgrade us. Since when is a tub an upgrade?! I literally saw about two or three other couples or the same folks the next two days. They were not booked solid as we were there Sun-Wed. I feel like we were lied to.

Service around the pools was fine and the staff nice, but for a resort of this caliber there should be more. The wine in the cans offered tasted very bad. The food was very overpriced. The lounge chairs are not padded and somewhat uncomfortable. We hung out at the pool and used the gym and steam/sauna rooms often. I took 3 yoga classes. Two of the classes by Deanne were great although we didn't do much "flow or warrior poses". The other teacher Urlika didn't really teach yoga but more like a sports stretching class dubbed as "therapeutic yoga". I was expecting more of a yin or restorative type. Nonetheless I enjoyed the classes and the yoga room is beautiful. All the equipment is great.

The room: We love the room and outdoor patio. It's rustic, modern and spacious. The bed is comfy but pillows to mushy. I asked for a thicker pillow but the one they brought was too stiff and high. They could use a pillow bar with the prices they charge. We love the nespresso machine although its noisy in the morning when your partner is sleeping. There is coffee outside the front desk which is nice to have. We were able to picnic outside our room with wine and cheese. The staff brought us ice right away. The bikes could use some maintenance. Mine had a low tire and both were very dusty. These should be in tip top shape when paying close to $700 a night! I will say the hotel needs to spray for bugs a bit more. I saw spiders and a roach or something crawling on the floor as we were checking out. I have seen other reviews about ants but we didn't have that problem.

Solbar: We ate here but only had the bar menu and sat on the other side of the main restaurant but outdoors. The hostess said the main restaurant was full although I saw many empty tables. The burger was great but the plate could have better presentation for $20. Thought the fries could be thicker and more home made like. Service was pretty good. The rest of the portions seemed to be small. We shared the cheesecake for dessert and that was large and fantastic.

Our room rate included breakfast and I thought the food was really good. Fresh and quality ingredients. The donuts were fabulous at the end. Coffee was tasty too. We both had omelets, regular and egg whites with goat cheese and spinach. I think we enjoyed lounging at breakfast the most. Although our waiter bailed on us and went on break without telling us. Kept us waiting on the check and our last minute donut order.

Pro's:
So close to Calistoga. Fun to ride the bikes into town. Great market in town as well to buy cheese and bread. Near some fun wineries and off the Silverado trail.
Loved the grounds, pools, spa amenities, etc. The cottages are very private and all have small outdoor spaces to lounge; great for the hotter months. Loved the in room coffee and drinks. Turndown service is a nice touch with chocolate and water. The gym and yoga studio is very nice.
The valet and check in staff was nice. The welcome wine is a good touch but they should include a bottle in the room as well.
When we did call for extra pillows, ice etc. there was prompt service and delivery!

Things they can work on:
Weeks before I emailed concierge to ask for a list of wineries they recommend. I was expecting something tailored and unique. Instead they sent pdfs of the entire region. Not really custom and didn't offer to help with creating an itinerary or reservations. I was expecting a little more service here.

Upon check in the front desk staff thanked us for our multiple stays but it would be a nice gesture to send something like wine, champagne or snacks to the room for our loyalty.

The staff was very nice but no one went out of their way. Something you would expect paying $700 a night.

On multiple occasions the staff asked for our last name (esp at Solbar) and then only addressed my husband as Mr. (our last name) and not me. I thought this was a bit old school.

There should be snacks and hot drinks in the spa waiting area.

Overall a nice and enjoyable stay but we are thinking of trying other spots nearby on our next jaunt!

2  Thank Kristine000
Reviewed October 7, 2017

A beautiful resort that exceeded our expectations. We were celebrating our 20th anniversary and couldn’t be happier with our experience here. The spa was fabulous. The nicest I’ve ever been to. I would definitely recommend this place and can’t wait to stay here again.

Room Tip: We stayed in a suite and was well worth it with our own private patio and hot tub. My only complaint was that we were ut in a handicapped accessible room (we didn’t request one) and we had a walk in shower with no door and didn’t have a steam shower as we were expecting.
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you so much, 435darlan! We are so glad we could be a part of your 20th anniversary celebration and look forward to celebrating with you in the years to come!

Reviewed October 4, 2017

All around wonderful experience. We used all the amenities, including a couple's massage and dinner at the restaurant. During our two night stay there really wasn't a reason to leave the resort. The resort was sold out, yet it never appeared crowded. All staff were polite and professional. It was an extremely relaxing experience. We highly recommend.

Room Tip: The rooms have a nice, semi-private outdoor seating area. Large shower and dressing areas. Robes and slippers were very comfortable. I felt comfortable wearing both to the spa and pool. The spa provides another robe and slippers for use. Quick service for ice, which is the only item we needed.
  • Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Laurel R, Guest Relations Manager at Solage, an Auberge Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 6, 2017

Thank you, 125patricec! So glad you enjoyed our relaxing property and all of our great amenities!