New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Solage Calistoga

Solage Calistoga
Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Calistoga
San Francisco
“One of the best in wine country...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

this resort holds a special place in my heart because this is where my husband proposed to me. (although, the room was not ready when we arrived.) it wasn't a big deal since we just went to sol bar and had a few drinks. they have really good cocktail and the food is amazing!

definitely one of the best resorts we've ever stayed. the resort has a very relaxing vibe. it's quite large so they offer bicycle as your way to get around. the resort is very clean and well maintained. we also went to the spa and had a full scrub down, massage. we had our own little room and patio with an outdoor shower.

the resort and spa is expensive. although well worth it, but may only come here when we are celebrating something special.

i just want to add that during our brunch... dave and victoria beckham, along with chef ramsey and their family walked in to have brunch. they were just a few tables away from us. that was a nice little celeb site-ing.

we went her during easter weekend of 2012.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (135)
Barcelona, España
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014 via mobile

We have come for our son's wedding from Barcelona and wanted to spend a week in California while there anyway. My husband found this hotel and the credit goes to him. I am very specific about my food coming from Europe... That place is really nice and they have expresso coffee and great breakfast menu as well as lunch and dinner!!! We tried all of the menus! Polite but not annoying stuff! Nice pool and rooms! Highly recommend! Thank you to all of the stuff!!!!

Stayed July 2014
3 Thank tatiana71Moscow
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

Stayed here last year and again a few weeks ago. Visually I really like the resort, the rooms are very nice.Our air conditioning wasn't working when we arrived so had to have it fixed. Then our safe wasn't locking so we had to have it fixed. Service wasn't as good as the past stays. They are supposed to have a great restaurant but I was not impressed.Had breakfast most days and their coffee is terrible, like dish water. They use great coffee from Calistoga Roastery, but they only serve french press and it is very weak. Can't get a decent cup aside from their coffee makers in the rooms. Was not impressed by their breakfast food and their dinner menu selections.There are very good restaurants in the area so why eat there! We dined at Press, my favorite, Farmstead, Bottega, and lunch at Mustards, They are all very good. I love the spa at Indian Springs so I don't use the spa at Solage.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank mcscher301
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

A friend of mine had her wedding and reception at this hotel and it was beautiful. Everything about the grounds is great. I didn't personally stay at Solage but we did get ready in one of the suites and it was clean and modern. I noticed that each suite had a pair of bikes for guests to use which I thought was very cool.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

Traveling with friends for a wedding. The "studio" was spacious, new, clean, well lit, with adequate storage and lovely private outdoor seating area. The greeters at reception, the receptionists, indeed, all the help were pleasant, competent, and eager to please. The grounds were immaculate. The only meal I had was breakfast which was interesting and delicious if high end hotel pricey. The spa pools were very comfortable and nicely warm. The girlfriend reported that her massage was the best she's ever had (and she's had plenty). Altogether, a nice place to stay for a few days.

Green Features: I could care less. The only annoyance was having to insert a room key card into the thermostat to adjust the room temp.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank jagman8f
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

So, the resort is beautiful - there are lots of great plants and places to relax. The spa is very beautiful and the pool is gorgeous. Overall, its relatively small place, so I wouldn't recommend spending a week. And the restaurant is what really shines - the food is spectacular!

Unfortunately, there were a few reports of spiders in the rooms, which is why i gave it 4 not 5 stars.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars
Barrington, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Solage Calistoga for two nights for our anniversary. It is not an inexpensive hotel, but I got the Go Outside and Play package and had the most incredible experience. The hotel is very clean and has a zen like feel - rooms, bathrooms are gorgeous, pretty private patio and the service was excellent (a little hiccup at the spa - my massage therapist was excellent, but my mudslide therapist forgot about me - not sure she apologized, but later she did offer me a free smoothie - nice gesture, but it wasn't that busy and surprised that happened).

Love the 4 hour use of a mercedes - we were able to take advantage of this (it's on a first come fist serve basis) and loved the 2 seater convertible driving up Howell Mountain (appreciated the help booking our reservation at Outpost and Tamber Bey) - gorgeous ride and views!

We also loved the "old fashioned" bikes outside our room and had a lovely bike ride around the area. Great fitness center and liked that the instructor was very nice with "allowing me" to continue to use the "fitness class" room when she started a class (I was out of the way).

Solbar breakfasts - Scrumptious - love the variety and different items they offered. The Sol-pe was sooo good and delicious cinnamon sugar donut holes! Very modern, clean and tranquil ambiance and service was both friendly and exceptional.

Great location for our Napa area wine tastings!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Also consider these accommodations in or near Calistoga
Auberge du Soleil
Vintage Inn
Vintage Inn
#3 of 6 in Yountville
4.5 of 5 stars 603 reviews

Been to Solage Calistoga? Share your experiences!