“Always a perfect stay”

Solage, an Auberge Resort
Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Calistoga
Reviewed April 22, 2014

I've been to Solage at least 5 times, and I've never had a bad experience. I've been with my husband alone, with friends, and now that I have a small child, the type of experience I have is different, but no less enjoyable. Both pools are fantastic - love that the property is so conveniently laid out yet still private, the dedicated outdoor space for each room is such a nice touch (along with the bikes)! If you go to the spa, you have to try the sound chair - trust me.

The rooms are always clean and the service has never been less than fantastic. I'm just so thankful that we live within 2 hrs driving distance!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Cynthia Y

Reviewed April 22, 2014

A wonderful place in Napa valley. It is a full service resort with great facilities, well appointed and spacious rooms (bungalows called studios), a great restaurant and bar, and spa and gym. Solage is both a destination as well as a jumping off spot for wine country. We spent a weekend here and had a great time. Dinner at Solbar was excellent - the food well prepared and the wine list extensive. The sommelier was really helpful in recommending a wine and was very well versed in the contrast between French and California wines (he was French but doing a stint in Napa to expand his training). The pool is beautiful and a nice place to lounge if you have some down time. The gym facilities were large and well equipped. The staff are very friendly and genuinely attentive and interested. I would highly recommend this place if you are traveling to either Napa or Sonoma.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 22, 2014

We had no expectations when we visited Solage Calistoga. We currently live in NYC, but I frequented Calistoga a lot as a child growing up in marin county. We loved the simplicity of our rooms and the spring package made our stay surprisingly perfect by encouraging us to utilize the spa facilities and the dine at the Sol bar (both were great). The weather was beautiful and after a few days of traveling and working we jumped right out the complimentary bikes and rode down town (this experience reminded me of my childhood visits to indian springs). Everyone was very helpful and seemed sincerely happy. Overall a great time.

Reviewed April 20, 2014

Best and most amazing place ever! The restaurant is Michelin star and the chef is a genius and the food is beyond incredible!!! The spa is 5 star!!! The massage was the best I've had and I will get a facial next time!!!!!!!! Can't wait to return.

Reviewed April 17, 2014

Solage is a sister property to Auberge du Soleil. Solage has the excellent restaurant Solbar. The staff is very friendly and helpful at Solage. The accommodations vary. Our room was nice but could have been set up better. It had a great shower. Other rooms/cottages are more spacious and presumably afford more amenities. For the price I was a little disappointed. The spa was different and very relaxing. The cottage had its own bicycles. Since it was raining when we were there, however, we did not use them. The hotel is off of Silverado Trail, which makes it quieter than other locations. It is a great place for couples to relax. The hotel is also dog friendly; several people brought their dogs to play on one of the grassy areas.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 13, 2014

I recently stayed at Solage for 4 days on a business trip and was thoroughly impressed. My studio room was the perfect space to unwind at the end of the day and catch up on some work. I also enjoyed the private patio as it allowed me to sit outside in the warm spring air and send a few emails. The onsite dinning at SolBar was also spectacular and made for very convenient and delicious meals. In the mornings I was able to go for a quick run on some beautiful back roads and take in all the spring scenery. Not to mention the convenient proximity to downtown Calistoga and free cruiser bikes that come with each room and make it easy to get downtown.

While I was here on a business trip I will be back for pleasure and look forward to enjoying all that this truly full service resort has to offer.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed April 12, 2014

The service here is first rate. Every staff person was friendly and helpful. I felt like they really work hard at making your stay everything you hope it will be. We had all of our needs met while there!

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Also consider these accommodations in or near Calistoga
Hotel Yountville
Harvest Inn by Charlie Palmer
Vintage House
Vintage House
#5 of 6 in Yountville

Been to Solage, an Auberge Resort? Share your experiences!