Solage, an Auberge Resort
EuroSpa & Inn(Calistoga)(Great Value!)
$189
$329
$199
UpValley Inn & Hot Springs(Calistoga)(Great Value!)
$188
$152
AscendHotels
The Bergson(Calistoga)(Great Value!)
$194
Calistoga Ranch, An Auberge Resort(Calistoga)
$1,100
$1,000
Official Website
$189
Orbitz.com
Golden Haven Hot Springs Spa(Calistoga)
$215
Travelocity
$359
Travelocity
Roman Spa Hot Springs Resort(Calistoga)
$223
No availability for your dates from our partners
1,036 results
All reviewssolbar restaurantsol barmudslide treatmentmud slideexercise classescruiser bikesthe lemon ricotta pancakesmichelin starwine countrynapa valleyspa poolturn down servicemain poolfitness centerprivate patiosilverado trailcomplimentary bikes
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 24, 2008

Me and my husband planned a trip through American Express and stayed at the Solage. The food was excellent and I loved the room. The service was great. As expected anything in the mini bar was pricey but they do have free bottled water. The worst part about the room was the view in the back, it said a "property" view if I remember correctly, which consisted of weeds and a trailor park. Other than that our stay was great. I did fill out a survey about Solage to the management and they sent me a letter saying they would be landscaping the grounds better.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kryst13
Reviewed April 22, 2008

My husand and I just finished a 5 night stay at the Solage Spa in Calistoga. Overall our experience was excellent.
The resort does have a "tract home" look, but don't hold that against it. We think it is trying for a trendy, chic, perhaps somewhat South Beach feel with unusual outdoor fireplaces, fountains and seating areas that give a laid back, zen-like experience.
Staff is efficient and friendly.
Check-in process was smooth and enjoyable.
Rooms are well appointed. We stayed in the Vega Suite four of the nights. It doesn't have a fireplace or tub. but does have a bench area in the bathroom which we liked. (We spent one night in the Adara Suite which does have tub and FP. The shower is twice the size in the Adara Suite vs. the Vega Suite) The rooms have concrete floors which are cold when it is below 60 outside.
All suites have a patio area and 2 cruiser bikes.
Beds are comfy, great pillows and excellent overhead lighting for reading or computer time.
The in -room coffee is the most delicious we have ever had. A separate tea pot is also offered.
The spa is very nice. We had 2 massages each and I had a manicure/pedicure and facial. All services were excellent and the treatment rooms were warm and quiet. The locker rooms however are somewhat lacking. The upper lockers in the women's side are so high you would have to be a giant to reach the hooks to hang your clothes. It is not evident where to place your used robes and slippers when you are done. ( not near lockers or sink area)
The food at the Solbar ( only restaurant on site) is delicious no matter which meal you choose to have. We had breakfast, lunch and dinner and the menus were varied with interesting choices, and the wait-staff was friendly and attentive.
Wireless connection was the most painless we have ever encounted at a hotel or resort and FREE.
We have traveled extensively all over the US and have stayed at many 4 and 5 star hotels. Solage at Calistoga compares favorably. We would stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank diamondgirl22
Reviewed March 16, 2008

Went to the Hotel after quitting the noisy River Inn at Napa and drove a reasonable bargain $275 per night.The rooms are at least self contained and quiet but I have to agree with other travellers that in winter the concrete floors are just too damned cold.The resort and rooms are quite luxurious and we stayed happily for 5 nights enjoying Calistoga and the area, the food in Solage was not particularly good on the one night we ate there so we ate in the town and the spa at the resort was so expensive it took our breath away and we aint poor.We walked Mt.St. Helena which was a glorious experience and particularly enjoyed the eating out at Brannons with the music of Herb and his colleagues unmissable.We will return but won't use the spa unless they ameliorate their pricing.

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank retiredincyprus
Reviewed March 12, 2008

My husband and I recently returned from a 2 night stay at Solage resort in Calistoga. I would def. return. We went knowing relatively nothing about the place - no recommendations from anyone, at least. First impressions not great. At first glance, it looked like a housing tract. "Oh no, we're staying there?"

Impressions quickly changed. Everyone at the resort was very friendly and helpful. The tract housing look was an eco friendly thing. Lots of olive trees and drought tolerant plants. Also, the resort is less than a year old. Plants may not be fully grown in yet.

Resort consists of individual bungalows with 2 beach cruiser bikes provided for getting around or taking into town. The town of Calistoga is a very quick bike ride away.

Interior of the rooms were very nice with individual patios and comfy beds. The restaurant on-site named Solbar was very good. We had a delicious dinner and breakfast.

My husband and I took advantage of the Fitness package that included a massage. The spa was new and very nice. I also took a yoga class that was included in the stay.

This resort is part of the high end Auberge chain and although I'm sure their other resorts in the area are nicer (I know they are more expensive) I think Solage is a good bargain.

We never quite got over the starkness of the place, however, we would def. go again.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank patches440
Reviewed March 11, 2008

This gem of a getaway was absolutely amazing in the detail of the property and the "fun factor." From the cozy gas fireplaces to the cute bikes for every room to the calming, sophisticated spa, someone had obviously given a great deal of thought to creating an exceptional guest experience. The grounds have a slight feeling of being in Southern California by day, since the clean landscaping focuses on grasses rather than lawns. However, by night, it was completely charming to be serenaded by a chorus of chirping frogs living in the creek that winds its way through the resort. SolBar, the restaurant, was outstanding - we couldn't embellish enough about the excellent culinary experience. We can't wait to return and will recommend it to all our friends.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled with family