Solage, an Auberge Resort
UpValley Inn & Hot Springs(Calistoga)(Great Value!)
$220
$170
AscendHotels
Mount View Hotel & Spa(Calistoga)(Great Value!)
$229
Wine Way Inn(Calistoga)(Great Value!)
$189
Official Site
$199
Savings alert! 31% below average rates

The price you found is 31% lower than this hotel's average rate of $289/night.

Best Western Plus Stevenson Manor(Calistoga)(Great Value!)
$213
$179
The Bergson(Calistoga)(Great Value!)
$179
Roman Spa Hot Springs Resort(Calistoga)
$231
$209
$178
Orbitz.com
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of $211/night.

$309
TripAdvisor
$1,180
$1,080
Official Website
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of $1,399/night.

1,048 results
All reviewssolbar restaurantsol barmudslide treatmentmud slideexercise classescruiser bikesthe lemon ricotta pancakesmichelin starwine countrynapa valleyspa poolmain poolturn down servicefitness centerprivate patiosilverado trailcomplimentary bikes
Reviewed February 13, 2013

was recently at the Solage for an event we put together and not only is it a lovely resort, but the staff here are extremely nice, accommodating, and thoughtful! they were always there first thing in the morning with us and until the wee hours of the evening and ALWAYS asking us if we needed anything. i'm allergic to dairy and one of the staff even made me a hot chocolate by melting the chocolate himself with hot water! the bell staff were always available for help as well, and the front desk staff were friendly too!

i can't wait to come back here and stay for fun and actually get to enjoy wine country (and not have to work)! the spa and food here are AMAZING too- definitely check them out! i recommend their hashbrown for breakfast!

Room Tip: get a room with a bathtub! they have these fizzles that are amazing!
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank kittytravels_27
Reviewed February 10, 2013

I stayed here for a spa-themed bachelorette weekend. We took advantage of all that the hotel had to offer -- spa/massages and restaurant included. You felt valued as a guest from the minute you arrived (hot chai tea handed to us as we got out of the car). Room was spacious and we enjoyed relaxing on our small outdoor space.

Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank A B
Reviewed February 6, 2013

I spent 3 nights there last summer.

Calistoga in simply breathtaking. The hotel property is superb. The available bikes is an original idea that allows you get to town easily rather than taking your car.

The pool is enormous. At sunset around the pool area, the view is worth a million dollars. Restaurant excellent also.

Only downside, it's not cheap. But definitely worth it.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 3, 2013

First, did not stay here. Went for couples massage with my honey as a special treat. We booked the romantic something something that includes bath and couples massage. Bath was fun but not what I expected, i.e. the jacuzzi tubs in both places we stayed in Sonoma and Napa were bigger and better. I don't know what I expected, but a regular bath with a bath bomb didn't match my expectations of "mineral bath." My massage therapist was excellent. Very deep tissue, amazing, relaxing after she figured out I am hard of hearing and whispering things in my ear would not work.

The thing that bothered me was the $25 resort fee we payed for being non guests. Well, not that so much as the TWO $25 resort fees as there were two of us. Hmm. We knew about the resort fee as it was in the confirmation materials we were sent. I just didn't know it would be TWO fees. This was not fully explained to us at booking. We had one treatment, one bath, one room... yes I am sure you can justify it any way you want, we used two separate locker rooms, could have used the pools and such (didn't), but come on.

As a comparison, our local luxury hotel spa does not have a "resort fee" tacked on to their services, and in fact often runs specials for non guests during slow times.

I know it is silly to worry about small amounts of money when you are dropping lots of money for a Napa vacation, but it just bothered me. The resort fee was irritating, but acceptable. The doubling of the fee really bothered me.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Richard H, General Manager at Solage, an Auberge Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2013

Thank you for making us a part of your romantic getaway. We greatly appreciate your feedback regarding your experience at Spa Solage. I was disappointed to learn we were unable to exceed your expectations. As you noted we do require a per person fee for day guests at the spa. However, there are often seasonal specials available that offer additional value. Visit our special offers page to see our current specials. I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Warm Regards,

Richard Hill

Reviewed January 28, 2013

I love solage. We arrived early to enjoy the spa before our room would be ready... The front desk is very helpful and accommodating and makes everything so easy. I love the spa- the "back to life" was the most perfect start of my stay at solage- dry brush, mud, wrap, massage, so special and wonderful... I followed this with the steam room and cold plunge routine before I had to get ready for dinner... The room is simple luxury. The bed, pillows, sheets-all wonderful. The bath products-delightful! I love the restaurant (the food is such an experience- what a delight). I wish I could afford to do this monthly. I feel rejuvenated in every way... My body, mind, and spirit! I felt like a princess.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends