1,077 results
All reviewssolbar restaurantsol barmudslide treatmentmud slideexercise classescruiser bikesthe lemon ricotta pancakeswine countrynapa valleyspa poolmain poolturn down servicefitness centerprivate patiosilverado trailcomplimentary bikescouples massage
Reviewed March 11, 2012

This was our first visit, and the service was excellent. We had a cottage with a king bed/down comforter, fireplace and pebble stone floor shower. There were robes and slippers in the room. There were also complimentary cookies, chocolate sauce, dried apricots and marshmallows. Each cottage comes with 2 bikes. The main pool is heated year-round at 88 degrees. The fitness center, while small, is well-equipped. There are complimentary yoga, spin and pilates classes in the am. I had an excellent 50 minute message for $135 at the spa. We had dinner and breakfast at the restaurant. The restaurant is excellent but has very small portions sizes, which is standard for your higher-end places in CA. Solage is located close to downtown Calistoga, but you would still have to drive. It is a smaller place and caters more to couples on romantic getaway trips (although there is a kids pool).

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank lynstersf
Reviewed March 6, 2012

Second stay at Solage has yet again proven to be perfect.

We love the individual style 'cabin', outdoor patio to relax, bicycles to explore the area and the accommodating staff.

Dining and facilities are top notch.

We'll be back!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 3, 2012

My wife and I went there for 4 days in March 2012. As usual, I spent too much time focusing on the not so good comments on TA before we went. I can say that our own personal experience was great though. It is for sure not cheap, but you also get what you pay for I guess. I was a little disappointed when we first got there to see we were at the "back of the lot", but as I was checking in, there was a rather loud wedding going on (to be expected), and we were more than happy to get something that was peaceful and quiet. The distance was no problem, and was only a short walk, or literally 30 seconds on the bikes provided for each cabin.
The restaurant was nice, but again pricey. I would say it's a nice place to start your day with breakfast, but there are so many choices in Calistoga (5 minute bike ride) that I would probably choose to dine in town.
Some people commented on it being a long way from Napa, but if you have a car, it's not a big deal. I would say that the area around Calistoga is as nice or nicer than Napa. Has lots of great wineries, and is just as scenic.
My wife had a spa treatment and said she had a great time (she's been to many so she would know)
The room itself was different, but very nice. Not huge, but cozy with great beds and pillows. Love the loose coffee and filters, and selection of teas, including a "sleepy time" tea that put me out every night. the bathroom space was nice with some of the best smelling toiletries i've had in a hotel. My wife HAD to buy some at the spa before we left. The cement floors in the rooms can be a little cool, but slippers are provided. The rainfall shower was great, although it never seemed to get quite hot enough for us.
Just one last comment that I have to mention pertaining to what others were saying about the grounds and landscaping at Solage. It is not "undone" but rather planted to fit in with the natural surroundings. I'm not sure f people wanted to see all grass, but I thought they were beautiful with cacti and lavender. it in perfectly, and smelled great.
All in all I would highly recommend this for a great getaway to the Napa Valley.
Feel fee to contact me if you have any questions.

Room Tip: We stayed in unit 19 which was a little further (but quieter) from the main bar and front desk. Some units had fireplaces but ours did not.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank canadacoast2coast
Reviewed March 1, 2012

I visited Solage with some friends and couldn't have been happier. The service was outstanding from the first moment of arrival. We were escorted to our spacious cottage - two queen beds, a sitting area, large porch/patio with chair and loveseat. The spa bathroom was also spacious with 2 sinks, a bench, separate toilet, and large rain shower with pebble floor. We noticed quite a few people wandering the property in robes and then found out why - the robes are so luxurious you do not want to get out of them. We did not have any spa services but toured the spa and would most definitely get a service whenever we return - there's a coed thermal pool as well as gender specific/clothing optional pools. The hotel offers free fitness classes - we enjoyed a Core & Strength class. Each cottage comes with two courtesy beach cruisers. It is a short ride into Calistoga (less than a mile). We also ate at SolBar - very good, eclectic albeit with a somewhat limited menu. We had reservations and when we arrived our table was not yet ready - however, we were fine with it and sat in the lounge to order a pre-dinner drink. We had not been waiting 5 minutes when a waitress came over with a bottle of champagne and an apology for our wait. The waitstaff was extremely knowledgeable and helpful with suggestions. Ours told us to leave room for their special beignets for dessert. However, we decided to split another dessert instead when the time came. She brought us the beignets anyway, on the house, and we devoured every last one, along with our other dessert. It was this kind of exceptional service that we enjoyed our entire stay. It's truly a beautiful resort and even though we only stayed one night, it felt like a true vacation.

Room Tip: We noticed as we rode bikes around the property at night that there are very loud frogs on either edge of the property - assuming from a grassy pond/stream that hugs the property. I don't know if the rooms on the outer edge are insulated from the frogs or not but I would ask. We had a room in the interior and didn't notice them until we rode around.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Hawkmoon209
Reviewed February 20, 2012

We enjoyed our stay immensely. The studios are spacious, modern and well designed. The Solbar was great for breakfast and dinner. Main drawback is Calistoga is pretty far North in Napa Valley. Only disappoint was the Spa Room was too cold in the morning to be relaxing for our massages

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple