1,075 results
All reviewssolbar restaurantsol barmudslide treatmentmud slideexercise classescruiser bikesthe lemon ricotta pancakeswine countrynapa valleyspa poolmain poolturn down servicefitness centerprivate patiosilverado trailcomplimentary bikescouples massage
Reviewed March 1, 2012

I visited Solage with some friends and couldn't have been happier. The service was outstanding from the first moment of arrival. We were escorted to our spacious cottage - two queen beds, a sitting area, large porch/patio with chair and loveseat. The spa bathroom was also spacious with 2 sinks, a bench, separate toilet, and large rain shower with pebble floor. We noticed quite a few people wandering the property in robes and then found out why - the robes are so luxurious you do not want to get out of them. We did not have any spa services but toured the spa and would most definitely get a service whenever we return - there's a coed thermal pool as well as gender specific/clothing optional pools. The hotel offers free fitness classes - we enjoyed a Core & Strength class. Each cottage comes with two courtesy beach cruisers. It is a short ride into Calistoga (less than a mile). We also ate at SolBar - very good, eclectic albeit with a somewhat limited menu. We had reservations and when we arrived our table was not yet ready - however, we were fine with it and sat in the lounge to order a pre-dinner drink. We had not been waiting 5 minutes when a waitress came over with a bottle of champagne and an apology for our wait. The waitstaff was extremely knowledgeable and helpful with suggestions. Ours told us to leave room for their special beignets for dessert. However, we decided to split another dessert instead when the time came. She brought us the beignets anyway, on the house, and we devoured every last one, along with our other dessert. It was this kind of exceptional service that we enjoyed our entire stay. It's truly a beautiful resort and even though we only stayed one night, it felt like a true vacation.

Room Tip: We noticed as we rode bikes around the property at night that there are very loud frogs on either edge of the property - assuming from a grassy pond/stream that hugs the property. I don't know if the rooms on the outer edge are insulated from the frogs or not but I would ask. We had a room in the interior and didn't notice them until we rode around.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Hawkmoon209
Reviewed February 20, 2012

We enjoyed our stay immensely. The studios are spacious, modern and well designed. The Solbar was great for breakfast and dinner. Main drawback is Calistoga is pretty far North in Napa Valley. Only disappoint was the Spa Room was too cold in the morning to be relaxing for our massages

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 8, 2012

Sabina and I just returned from 3 days (and 5 Meals) at Solage and were blown away. We have stayed once before and it was amazing but the second trip was even better than the first. They are clearly capturing nearly all of our preferences and everyone knows who we are - just outstanding! I'll address the food at SolBar in a separate review but we have now had nearly a dozen meals there and every dish has been a huge hit.

Room Tip: Room 38 is fantastic!
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 8, 2012

My husband and I celebrated our 15 year anniversary with a 3-night stay at Solage Calistoga. We are so incredibly glad to have discovered this oasis, and definitely plan to return. I bought the package from LuxuryLink dot com, which came out to be a great deal.

We had a Vega Studio, which was plenty big, with a king bed, seating area, covered patio, and a large bathroom. Loved having the two cruiser bikes for our own personal use; we rode all over the resort with them. The room is contemporary Cali style, with an uncluttered, clean feel, soothing colors and textures, and high-end amenities--from the fluffy robes, towels, and slippers, to the toiletries, to the custom lighting settings, and extremely comfortable bed with crisp white linens. Wi-Fi was excellent. The room was quiet, private, and just oozed mellow.

We dined at Solbar several times; our package included daily breakfast and one full dinner. The food was sublimely Napa-esque: fresh and high-quality ingredients, absolutely delicious, and beautifully prepared. Like all excellent places in Napa Valley, they had a fabulous selection of wines and cocktails. Don't miss the made-to-order donut holes and dipping sauces, or the seared scallops, the beet salad, the wagyu beef...I could go on and on! We ate at the bar, inside, and on the patio--each one a lovely experience.

We used the fitness room a couple of times, as well as the two different pool areas--very nice. But you cannot stay at Solage without spending some time at their world-famous spa. We did a major package which included a couples' mudslide (out of this world!), a soak in a giant tub, and then a rest/nap on some kind of heated sound/vibration chair. Followed by a couples' massage. Followed by lunch. Seriously, it was 3.5 hours of heaven and we felt like two incredibly relaxed, soft-skinned, pieces of play-doh after.

Location: You are in Calistoga, the northern end of Napa Valley. Close to many excellent wineries, and the town of Calistoga, with its smaller-town charm and ambience.

The other thing I want to say about Solage is how professional, warm, and welcoming the staff were. When they confirmed my reservation/package, I had told them it was our 15 year anniversary. The entire time we were there, it was like the entire staff knew this and went out of their way to make our occasion even more special. From the champagne, cheese platter, and chocolate-covered strawberries in our room at arrival, to all the complimentary drinks at Solbar, and just people coming by and saying "Happy Anniversary"--it was really wonderful and so genuine.

I would recommend this place to everyone! Except my enemies--they do not deserve such a heavenly experience :)

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank cashmyre
jalmond12, General Manager at Solage, an Auberge Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2012

Thank you for being our guest and we are honored that you have chosen to share such a momentous occasion with us. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. As a resort that prides itself in providing exemplary guest service, I was thrilled to receive your glowing report. To know that we have exceeded your expectations is a true compliment to the diligence of our entire team.

We hope to be your choice for a future stay in the Napa Valley.

Warm Regards,

Richard W. Hill

Reviewed February 1, 2012

My husband and I stayed at Solage with our 3 month old son over labor day last year. We stayed in the least expensive room, which was still $700/night and at that price point I was expecting more. From the pictures I was expecting a more resort like setting but it felt more like being in a community with a lot of concrete and parking spaces. The spa pool was very nice but the main pool was just ok - basically a big pool with not a lot of atmosphere. The rooms were nice but no very big. The highlight of the property for me was the restaurant which was excellent - we had breakfast there every day of our stay. So to sum it up - for a $100 more stay at Auberge de Soleil or one of their other sister properties. You'll be disappointed if you pay more than $400/night for Solage.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank anna78
jalmond12, General Manager at Solage, an Auberge Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2012

Thank you for your recent visit to Solage. I genuinely appreciate you taking your valuable time to share your experience. We continually strive to enhance our service standards; your feedback plays a critical role in that process.

Since your last visit we have added many enhancements to the property including: a new pool bar at the main pool, enhanced lounge seating in Solbar and we are in the process of renovating all the studios which we hope to complete by the end of next year.

It is my hope that your travel plans will provide for a return visit to Solage. If I can be of assistance to you now or in the future, please do not hesitate in calling.

Warm Regards,