“I LOVE this vineyard and so will YOU!”

Castello di Amorosa
Napa Valley Wine Trolley and Castle Tour
Ranked #1 of 67 things to do in Calistoga
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Castello di Amorosa is one of Napa Valley's most unique wineries. At over 136,000 square feet, the authentically-built 13th-century Tuscan-style castle and winery offers a variety of tour options including Reserve wine tours, food and wine pairing tours and a cheese and wine tour. Castello di Amorosa makes a variety of award-winning wines from its location on the hillside above Calistoga. Try "Il Barone," the wine that Robert Parker rated 94 points. The Castello also produces Pinot Grigio, Chardonnay, Gewurztraminer, Rose, Pinot Bianco, Sangiovese, Barbera, Pinot Noir, Merlot, Il Brigante blend, Cabernet Sauvignon, La Castellana Super Tuscan Blend, Il Raggio del Sole, Fantasia, Il Passito Late Harvest Sauvignon Blanc/Semillon and Late Harvest Gewurztraminer, the top dessert wine at the San Francisco Chronicle Wine Competition for two consecutive years.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access
San Francisco, California
68 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 93 helpful votes
“I LOVE this vineyard and so will YOU!”
Reviewed July 23, 2014

Oh my gosh, where to start? This vineyard is truly a hidden gem of Napa! You can ONLY purchase these amazing wines either at the castello or by becoming a member! I became a member after my first visit. My friends are always impressed by our lovely and tasty wines. THe events at the castello are AMAZING! You may even catch sight of owner Dario Sattui every now and then. I highly recommend that you take the tour and tasting. Soooo fun! I only wish I could buy everything in the amazing underground gift shop!

Visited December 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Sacramento, California
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Authentic Italian castle in Napa”
Reviewed July 22, 2014

My review would not do this place justist. I would have to write over two pages of amazing things I saw. There are three different tours. My wife and I took the self guided for $19 each, knowing we will be back going on the narrirated tour for $45? For $19 you also get five tastings which turned out to be eight. You can only buy their wines there. Go, go, go, go, go what are you waiting for?

1 Thank Silvah777
Tarpon Springs, Florida
109 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 104 helpful votes
“Pretend You're In Tuscany!”
Reviewed July 22, 2014

This 13th century medieval Tuscan style castle and winery will transport you to another time! It's hard to believe that construction was finished only 7 years ago after 15 years in the making. So authentic! Italian artisans created all the beautifully hand-forged ironwork as well as the doors and windows. Handmade antique bricks, tiles, doors, windows, and furnishings were brought over from Europe. It was fun exploring all the rooms in the castle and towers. I can just imagine what a wonderful venue it is for medieval festivals and weddings! All that said they have a wonderful wine tasting in their cellar. The wines there were the best we tasted from any other winery in the area on that day. Evidently it is owned by V. Sattui winery down the road. After our visit to the Castello we headed south and we stopped there for a picnic lunch but the wine tasting at that location didn't compare to the Castello's.

Visited June 2014
Mclean, VA, USA
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 65 helpful votes
“Amazing Castle but wasn't amazed by the wines”
Reviewed July 22, 2014

The castle itself is very impressive, but it was too much like Disneyland than it was a winery. It is VERY crowded and it is very huge. It is meant to be a replica of a Tuscan castle and it is amazing. It is good to go see once, but I don't think I would go back. Not to say that everyone wasn't friendly, they were very friendly.

Los Angeles, California
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Music at the Castle”
Reviewed July 22, 2014

This is a very nice venue, but was marred by squeaky tent lines over the performers. Very distracting for the musicians and audience. Outdoor music has its challenges, but this was annoying.