“Not worth it”

12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Not worth it”
Reviewed July 26, 2013

My husband and I arrived to our appt 10 minutes early and had to wait 20 mins. The not-so-friendly receptionist explained that they operated on "spa time" b/c therapists and/or clients are usually 10 min late. Huh? We weren't. The mud masque was a fun experience but we wouldn't do it again. Not worth it. The 30 min massage following was a huge disappointment for both of us. My therapist, Lea, could not get the pressure right. I had to ask three times for more pressure. And then she sought vengeance. My husband was equally disappointed. The facilities are clean but far from luxurious feeling. So many other beautiful high quality spas to frequent at same price.

Visited July 2013

Scotts Valley, California
“Dreadful experience”
Reviewed June 7, 2013

I booked a foot massage / reflexology treatment for 10:00am. I turned up 5 minutes early. I was told I had arrived about 15 minutes early. I noticed the clock was 10 minutes fast. After sitting in the lobby for about 10 minutes I politely mentioned the time on the clock to the receptionist. She told me they worked on "spa time" because the therapist often turned up late! 20 minutes later the therapist introduced herself to me. Her name is Lea. She never apologized for her tardiness. When I went into the treatment room, she explained the prep for the treatment. I was a little disconcerted because she thought I had booked a full body massage. When I said it was foot massage / reflexology she look slightly confused. She told me to get ready and that she would be with me shortly. More than 5 minutes or so later she came into the room and "began" the treatment. Less than a minute later she told me she had "forgotten something". A good 5 or more minutes later she came back. Shortly into the procedure, I realized that reflexology was not her area of expertise. I have had more relaxing foot and leg massages while having a pedicure at a third of the price. She barely applied pressure to the necessary areas required to create the stimulating benefits of reflexology. As a final note, when I was waiting in the lobby area, the receptionist was sitting at her desk eating a sandwich. At $90 I felt I'd been duped.

Visited June 2013
Lincoln, California
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 54 helpful votes
“A great relaxing endeavor”
Reviewed May 10, 2013

The staff really knows how to pamper the guests. It was a relaxing massage and mud bath. This was my first time at a spa that provided these activities. After a wonderful day at this facility we had a great dinner in Calistoga.

Visited May 2013
NJ
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“A very relaxing morning”
Reviewed December 31, 2012

My friend and I booked deluxe pamper spa packages that included a mud steam, massage, and facial. It was a wonderful relaxing experience with first class practitioners. The facility itself could use an upgrade (paint chipping and grout cracking and stained) and a design refresh - green lawn chairs were in the mud room. It lacks some of the amenities I am used to in day spas - warm beverages, subtle relaxing music (they played the same track for 2.5 hours) , cozy robes, etc.

All that said, it was a nice experience and we enjoyed ourselves, given the opportunity again I would likely not return but instead pay the premium at Solage.

Visited December 2012
LATHROP
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Rejuvenating”
Reviewed October 9, 2012 via mobile

Our 2nd time doing this here for our anniversary. Friendly people. It's really great you have your own private room. Clay body masque steam bath and an hour massage. Relax & Refresh! Also the best thing is driving through the wineries! Recommending must try.