“So luxurious!”

Hanoi, Vietnam
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“So luxurious!”
Reviewed March 11, 2012

I have no idea what products they are using these days - but back then - this was a luxurious treat.

Visited February 2012

California
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great massage”
Reviewed March 8, 2012

Took my wife here for our 30th anniversary and don't regret it one bit. It was a first time for me and I have to say it was much more plesant than I expected. It was the fourth massage that my wife has had and she stated it was the best she's had. So, great job!

Visited March 2012
U.S.A.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Great mud wrap”
Reviewed February 10, 2012

I liked the mud wrap and it was very relaxing. Nice staff and amenities.

Visited September 2011
2 Thank SuzyQ1962
Los Angeles
35 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“Delightful massage in a charming Wild West antique bank”
Reviewed August 11, 2011

This charming spa inside a former Wild West bank complete with vault and period wood trim and stone walls was a delightful experience from start to finish. Welcoming reception and a topnotch massage in spotless, calm, and charming environment made me vow to return. Expert therapist who thankfully didn't chat, and a great place to shower after.

Visited June 2011
1 Thank FoxVoyage
Honolulu
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 70 helpful votes
“ahhhhhhhhhhhh”
Reviewed August 9, 2011

I was a little skeptical when I booked my appointment because this is a small, independent spa, but I was pleasantly surprised by the quality of service. When you're booking sight unseen you never can tell whether you'll end up in some "afterthought" space with an aesthetician who is so fresh out of high school there is no way she has any understanding, let alone empathy, for aging skin and thus slaps on a bunch of product, rinses and intimates that a 20% tip is expected.

Not so Lincoln Ave Spa. Margot knew her products and was very deliberate and careful with the treatment. I am now a huge fan of the Healthy Glow facial. Almost all the products used are made by the spa owner and I swear my skin actually glowed after the treatment. If I ever end up in Calistoga again I'm definitely going to book another facial.

I thought the spa itself was charming and I found the diffused light provided by the skylights in the treatment rooms to be rather soothing, but I can see how the lighted room might not appeal to everyone.

As for the administrative aspect, I found the front desk to be cordial and very accommodating. I had to switch my appointment time but arrived a half hour early and they got me into the treatment room right away.

Visited August 2011