Review Highlights
Fallen out of time, in a good way

Reviewed 1 week ago
Maaaarion
Santa Cruz, California
Excellent Weekend Getaway

Reviewed October 10, 2018
Sealbee
Idaho

All reviews buddha pond mineral pool steam room mud bath experience adult pool sam's social club cucumber water sized pool pool passes complimentary bicycles relaxation area great massage fire pit hotel guests downtown calistoga deep tissue massage an amazing experience
Reviewed 1 week ago

No cell phones allowed at the pool, no elevator music anywhere, instead: requests to be mindful and respectul of others, in other words: quiet. The pools were great, taking in the waters, as they call it, was downright medicinal. The quietness of the place was a revelation.....funny, a lot of the people we met were from Palo Alto ( think Apple and Googe and whatnot) trying to get away from it all....Our Garden View Room was spectacular. Can't wait to be back.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

For the prices that this place charges, go somewhere else—like an actual 5 star spa. I had a mud bath and the room felt unclean and just out of date. The room needed paint. It lacked ambiance. The towels were itchy. I just overall unimpressed for the price I paid. It simply did not match the experience. Also, I did not see them clean the bath tubs. And the flip flops they give you need to be thrown away. The staff was perfectly nice I just do not recommend this venue for relaxation.

Reviewed October 10, 2018

Enjoyed a wonderful two night stay at Indian Springs. The pool was beautil and very clean. We especially enjoyed it late in the evening with very few guests and a sky full of stars. We had an amazing experience and meal at Sam's Club. The food was tasty, the service was incredible and all the staff was very friendly. A special thanks to Dee and Jake for making us feel special! We'll definitely go back.....

1  Thank Sealbee
Reviewed October 2, 2018

I stayed at Indian Springs recently with my husband for a few days and generally were happy with our stay. The resort is very quiet and peaceful with a very Palm Spring-ish vibe. There are all sorts of cute lawn games and fire pit in the front entrance. They also have a cute little children's play area and chicken coop so could be fun if you bring the kids. Their pools are very nice and big. We didn't really spend much time there since it was a little chilly but I can imagine it's fun when the sun's out. They have free bike rentals so you can bike around town if you'd like or go to the wineries. The resort does lack a variety of food/restaurant options. They do have Sam's Social Club on their property which was so good but other than that, it's pretty limited. The good thing is the resort is right in downtown Calistoga so you're very close to all types of restaurants. The rooms were clean and nice. Housekeeping was a bit of a miss for us as their team forgot to clean our room one day so we had to call and ask for it after being gone all day. It wasn't a big deal but was a bit of an inconvenience since we wanted to get ready for dinner. But overall, we had a lovely stay at the hotel and enjoyed our time.

Reviewed October 2, 2018

We entered the spa for my girlfriend's 50th celebration; there were 4 of us. The birthday girl had prearranged with the spa for all of us to have a pool pass while she was pampered with a well-deserved massage. The gals at the Spa welcomed us, and without issue or question, handed the 3 of us our pool passes, as our B-day girl got her massage. We headed over to the pool area and were met with unbelievable resistance and attitude form the lady at the pool gate. Seriously? We had pool passes in hand, and were ready to spend the afternoon relaxing, but this was not a great start. It took this woman, 20 minutes to finally allow us in - but only after one of us had to go back to the spa to request for help; even after one of the lovely gals at the spa walked over to the pool to confirm they had made an exception for us and the pool gatekeeper reprimanded (with attitude) the spa lady - were we allowed to enter the pool area. Finally the sun came out - literally and figuratively - and we enjoyed the rest of the afternoon.

1  Thank Colleen M
Reviewed September 25, 2018 via mobile

We are from Australia and drove from LA to stay here after a recommendation from a couple we met in Vegas. And the 7 hour drive was certainly worth it ! We were treated like royalty the entire stay. The staff are amazing, so friendly and welcoming. The pool is amazing open 6am to midnight and they even provide you with bikes to explore the resort and Napa! The food at Sams social bar was lovely! The happy hour is great $6 wines and cheap pizza and snacks. The rooms are luxury and we were sad to leave after only one night ! Highly recommend 10/10!

1  Thank SDK88
Reviewed August 14, 2018

My wife and I went to the resort for a 24 hour getaway from the kids/SF. Were thrilled with our room and the property. Very fun...and kitchy. Soaking in the pool was amazing. My only negative feedback however is the spa/mud treatment areas are old, smelly, and not worth the $$. I had their "signature" mud treatment and had a terrible time. The mud was way too hot, and I ended up getting burned. As it was my first time, I had no idea it was too hot and just lay there....it was uncomfortable, but again, as a newbie, assumed it was what it was supposed to be. The steam room was also way way too hot. When I finished my "treatment' my body was red, burned and stung slightly. The attendants at the counter were apologetic and may have written up an internal report, however I was not offered anything for my experience other than a small bottle of aloe. As for the resort, though, it was a beautiful place and the town is wonderful. We ate lunch at Sam's which was good...but not exceptional.

Reviewed August 6, 2018

this is a great place to stay - Location and to be floating in that mineral pool - The water is warm and the setting great. we really relaxed and enjoyed our stay. It was so nice. Just what we needed. Our room was quiet and comfortable too. Can't wait to return.

Reviewed July 5, 2018

I paid $240 for a massage and an hour in a mud bath, sauna, mineral bath. The facility was much as I remembered it from many years ago, although had a nice new addition of massage rooms. The people there were kind and welcoming, but I resented the last act. I was paying and checking out in the reception area. In front of a room full of people I was asked about tipping...how much would I tip the mud room, the masseuse, etc.? Maybe they should pay their employees a reasonable wage? Maybe my tip should be private? Maybe the clerk shouldn't raise her eyebrows when I didn't want to discuss it? It spoiled the pleasant feeling of the morning. Was I supposed to pop another $50 bucks I wasn't certain would go only to the employees? Uncomfortable!

1  Thank Bev K
Reviewed June 18, 2018 via mobile

I recently came to Indian Springs to treat myself to a spa day. I enjoyed the fact I could sleep, drink, eat and go to the spa all on one property. I also found it convenient they have complimentary bicycles for you to make your way around.

I found the property to be large, beautiful, clean and relaxing. They only have two pools (the smaller of the two is adults only) and they are both kept at a warm temperature (approx. 100 degrees). It was very hot during the day and getting into a hot pool did not feel refreshing. At night when it cooled off, though, it was very relaxing to float around in the warm, Olympic sized pool.

1  Thank schmorgen