“High energy fun dinner spot”
Review of Barolo - CLOSED

Barolo
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Fairway
Description: Located in Calistoga in the heart of California's world famous Napa Valley, Barolo Italian Kitchen and Cocktails offers the best in contemporary Italian cuisine with a focus on local, seasonal and organic ingredients in a fun and eclectic atmosphere. Inspired by the traditions and cuisine of Italy, Chef Vince Sanchez is turning heads with his modern take on Italian classics. His cuisine incorporates local, seasonal produce, his fresh take on Italian comfort food is sure to delight. Urban sophistication meets Napa Valley sensibility in this unpretentious local gem of a restaurant. Alongside our abundant cocktails, we offer great local and imported wine selections at reasonable prices. With many drink specials, wine by the glass, bar bites and good times to be had, Barolo is surely the place to be. Looking for an inspired Italian menu for your birthday, wedding, company retreat dinner or private party? Barolo is a great location for intimate Italian dining or a vibrant Napa Valley after party. Please contact us for more information.
Reviewed November 18, 2013

We are Napa Valley locals. We had dinner on a Saturday night at Barolos with friends. It was packed....and where some might say noisey. We liked the high energy atmosphere....it reminded me of a trendy SF restaurant. Food was very good. Our waiter excellent. And the very friendly manager Terri, waived our corkage!! Being a local had it perks. Thanks again Terri.

1  Thank CaptainStevers

Reviewed November 18, 2013

My wife and I had the opportunity to have dinner here after our spa visit and enjoyed the restaurant very much. We had the bruschetta as an appetizer then Short Ribs and Orecchiette (was very spicy due to the sausage used, but tasty). Good spot to enjoy a relaxed dinner and our server was great - very knowledgeable about what was in each dish!

1  Thank ryanjbrown
Reviewed November 1, 2013

Usually when you hear the buzz about a restaurant, you are left wanting. Barolo exceeded my expectations. Everything we ordered was delicious and inventive and our service was top notch. We began with daily specials for appetizers; a nice high quality ahi chopped with pine nuts and other goodies and a roasted Brussels sprout dish. Yum! Next, my husband had the chicken piccata and I had the osso bucco pork shank with polenta. My dish was exceptionally prepared and the polenta was like no other I have had before. The bar has been raised and I fear I can never eat it anywhere else. The pork was melt in your mouth tender. My husband's chicken was very tasty too, but not as adventurous. Portions are reasonable, not excessive, which may leave some diners hungry. With appetizers and two drinks each, the bill was a bit of a bite, but more sensible diners could show more restraint. Still, I felt we splurged and feel that the $130 bill was merited.

Reviewed November 1, 2013

The food at Barolo, an Italian restaurant in Calistoga, was interesting and creative. The menu was presented in the traditional primi, secondi, etc. fashion with a few non-menu specials offered. I enjoyed a gnocchi special that was quite unusual and delicious, but even for a light eater, the portion was smaller than I would have expected. My husband ordered a special salad and an entrée, and was very positive about the food. Service was slow with only a few waitresses attending to the entire restaurant, to the point where we expected his salad to arrive with the entrees, but he had plenty of time to enjoy the salad before the entrees arrived. The restaurant space is almost overwhelmed with a huge bar in the middle of the room and tables along the periphery. It was nicely decorated with interesting artistic touches. The space is loud for quiet conversation or a romantic dinner. We were puzzled when the hostess directed us to sit together on one side of the table, but it did make conversation easier. I think this interesting place needs another try on a future trip to Calistoga.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

Food was good, but two weeks later, I can't remember what I ordered. What I do remember is that the service was unacceptably slow. We were in no hurry, but we were there two hours, and that was for appetizer and entree, only.

1  Thank tmepl