“Meh” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Barolo - CLOSED

Barolo
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Fairway
Description: Located in Calistoga in the heart of California's world famous Napa Valley, Barolo Italian Kitchen and Cocktails offers the best in contemporary Italian cuisine with a focus on local, seasonal and organic ingredients in a fun and eclectic atmosphere. Inspired by the traditions and cuisine of Italy, Chef Vince Sanchez is turning heads with his modern take on Italian classics. His cuisine incorporates local, seasonal produce, his fresh take on Italian comfort food is sure to delight. Urban sophistication meets Napa Valley sensibility in this unpretentious local gem of a restaurant. Alongside our abundant cocktails, we offer great local and imported wine selections at reasonable prices. With many drink specials, wine by the glass, bar bites and good times to be had, Barolo is surely the place to be. Looking for an inspired Italian menu for your birthday, wedding, company retreat dinner or private party? Barolo is a great location for intimate Italian dining or a vibrant Napa Valley after party. Please contact us for more information.
houston
“Meh”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

Food was good, but two weeks later, I can't remember what I ordered. What I do remember is that the service was unacceptably slow. We were in no hurry, but we were there two hours, and that was for appetizer and entree, only.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank tmepl

Del Mar, California
“A pleasant surprise”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2013

I will admit that we had low expectations going in, but it turned out to be a very pleasant surprise - great food at a fair price. We will be back.

Visited September 2013
Plano, Texas
“Nice Bar and friendly service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2013

Stopped in here for an after dinner drink and had suck a nice time we stayed too late. Offered a full service bar and created well crafted cocktails. The bartender and other patrons were very nice.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Kevin F
Central NJ
“A top 3 restaurant in Calistoga”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2013

I would like to give this restaurant 4.5 stars because 5/5 suggests perfection to me, but TripAdvisor says 5 means excellent. JoLe next door is better but Barolo truly is excellent. The ambiance is a bit bar-ish but it's a hip bar and not obnoxious at all. All the food was fresh, well-made and well-presented. The negative reviews here have to be rare exceptions. I'm sure if you eat here you won't be disappointed.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank JerseyFlyer
East Texas, Pennsylvania
“Terrible food and overpriced”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2013

This is the absolute worst restaurant I ate in during my trip. The food was terrible. I ordered eggplant parmigiana and I couldn't even eat it. It was mushy and overcooked and looked like leftovers scraped from the pan. Even worse, the waitress asked how I liked it and I told her I didn't and she didn't offer to remove from the bill or substitute a different item. Terrible atmosphere -- more like a bar than a restaurant.

Spend your money someplace else.

• Visited October 2013