“Good place for breakfast”
Review of Cafe Sarafornia

Cafe Sarafornia
Ranked #4 of 44 Restaurants in Calistoga
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Tehachapi, California
“Good place for breakfast”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

We were able to get a table without waiting. Coffee was good, food was good, and we were in and out pretty quickly. I liked the funky decor and home style food. I think it is a little pricey for breakfast with most items about $12-16. If you add coffee or juice on top of that, with gratuity, it ends up being almost $20 per person!

• Visited May 2013

New Orleans, Louisiana
“Perfectly "ok" Breakfast”
Reviewed May 20, 2013

Calistoga is a weird little sleepy town - you walk down the "main stretch", Lincoln Avenue perusing the five dining options that exist there and you go to one of them, because there are few other options. Well, Sarafornia is like THE ONLY option for breakfast, so you go there. It was okay- I actually considered it over-priced because in NYC I would pay half of what I paid at Sarafornia and have doubly enjoyable breakfast experience. Seriously, my bill for two for breakfast was over $50 and for diner food, is just ridiculous.

• Visited May 2013
New York City, New York
“Recommended for breakfast in Calistoga”
Reviewed May 20, 2013

Go early because it is deservedly popular with locals and tourists. Excellent breakfast, friendly waitresses. In easy walking distance of the wonderful Indian Springs Resort and Spa.

Visited April 2013
Berkeley, California
“It's breakfast”
Reviewed May 8, 2013

Very noisy place, tried to get in on Sat morning and there was a 30 minute wait so we tried someplace else. Tried again Sun morning and only a 10 min wait, so we tried it. Perfectly acceptable breakfast, nothing fancy, you get in and out in uder a half hour.

Visited May 2013
Oakland, California
“Breakfast cold but cute atmosphere and they gave discount”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

We came here on a weekday, mid-morning and ordered breakfast. I had the 2-2-2, two eggs, two bacon slices, two french toast slices and my partner had juevos rancheros. When the waitress brought the Juevos, she said, "Careful, hot plate." But when it came time to take a bite, the eggs were cold. The whole plate was room temperature. My dish was about what would be expected. The french toast was a bit different with interesting bread but did not leave enough impression that I would aim to go back. I believe the plate was $10. My friend commented on the cold dish and the waitress took off 30% which was decent, though hot food would have been preferred.
With so many choices of places to eat, it is probably not one we would return to but the atmosphere and the story of it was cute. They probably were having an off time and the plate was left out too long.

Visited May 2013