“Excellent staff and good italian food”
Review of Hotel D'Amici Ristorante - CLOSED

Hotel D'Amici Ristorante
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 27, 2014

My friends and I dined here after a long day of wine tasting in Sonoma and Napa. The staff here was awesome, witty and entertaining. The food was very good traditional italian similar to what you might actually get in Italy rather than the Americanized versions.

Reviewed July 27, 2014

Right on the main street of Calistoga, with a promising menu and attractive dining room. The host and the service were personable and adequate. Some plates were fine and fresh: the stuffed zucchini blossoms in particular. Some other plates were way off the mark. The veal marsala was too salty to eat and needed to be returned. The dessert cannoli seemed to be store-bought. Napa Valley is full of locovore, fresh, high quality restaurants. This one needs to step up its game and pay more attention to what comes out of the kitchen.

Reviewed June 24, 2014

I love this place. The food is absolutely authentic Italian, all the way. We were staying upstairs in the B&B part of the hotel, so this was a nice stop after a long day of wine tasting.

The space is light and welcoming, and the servers on their game. Our table was hungry, and went all in on sampling as many items as possible!

Starters:
- Mixed fried vegetables: fantastic, light and crispy
- Mozzarella & prosciutto - yummy
- roasted figs: sweet, plump, tasty and filling
- salads: great, but why waste your time? too many other options

Dinner:
- Potato dumplings with bolognese: spicy & filling
- Chicken Marsala: stole the show! thin, beautifully glazed and oh so good
- Pasta Carbonara: 2nd only to the Marsala. Home made pasta with creamy perfection
- Fresh fish of the day

This is a small family owned restaurant. It doesn't bring in the crowds like some of the other destination dining, but it should be on everyone's destination list! My only complaint is they don't have a liquor license. After a long day of vino tasting, a martini is top of my list! But I don't hold this agains=t them... as you can walk to the bar across the street after dinner.

1  Thank Cali_Cake
Reviewed June 16, 2014 via mobile

We come often over the past 30 years and new restaurants font always sustain. I think this one will. I gas a house made pasta with ragu of beef. It was a sublime pleasure. My husband enjoyed a lemon chicken dish and we departed happy!

Reviewed April 28, 2014

We were wandering the main street in Calistoga noticing how many restaurants have come and gone, when we made a spontaneous decision to try this one. We had an appetizer of white asparagus with prosciutto and each had a pasta dish. I'm really particular about pasta and this was perfect and absolutely delicious. The chef obviously takes time to get things right, since the white asparagus was entirely peeled, as it needs to be since the outside of white asparagus is usually fibrous and bitter. Overall, we were very pleased with both the quality and the price of dinner here.