“Best Burger in the Whole Wide World”

Hydro Bar and Grill
Ranked #8 of 44 Restaurants in Calistoga
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch
Reviewed September 26, 2013

We went here a little late as we had a very late afternoon, large snack. I didn't really need to eat, but my husband was getting hungry, so we ventured out to downtown calistoga. We decided on Hydro Bar and Grill and it looked casual and not overcrowded.

My husband decided to order their famous burger that was named best burger for something. I ordered a salad just to have something to pick at. The salad was fine, but this burger was so good. I don't know what they put in it, but it was delicous. Wish I could make a burger like that.

Place was more of a bar, but comfortable with decent service and a good selection of bar food. Really was a good way to end the day.

Reviewed September 24, 2013

stopped in for qwick bite to eat at the bar....great apps and margaritas. Seemed like a fun place to visit at nite if we were in the area longer

Reviewed September 16, 2013

Unless you don't mind sitting and waiting for over 15 minutes and still not getting acknowledged then this is the place for you. We walked out after 15 minutes of no one coming to help us. Oh I forgot. The bus boy did bring us water. Big Deal!!! Right????
The restaurant had plenty of open tables so it wasn't like they were busy. Saw at least 3 servers waling around. Forget about that place. Bring a sleeping bag cause you will be there for a long time. Oh and the menu you are asked to grab before you find yourself a table was Icky and Sticky. No, no, no, no, no.

Reviewed September 13, 2013

The service wasn't good, the food was mediocre at best! I have been in this restaurant in the past and the service and quality has gone down. I will not return when I am in Calistoga again!

Reviewed September 10, 2013 via mobile

This place detracts from the overall vibe of Calistoga. Way too casual. Not meant for good 1st impressions. Must b for locals who are not into good food, service or ambiance ..... Flies in restaurant are a PROBLEM