“Great Breakfast”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast
Reviewed March 3, 2013

Needed a place for breakfast and found this spot after driving into town. Great service. Good coffee and excellent food! Had the breakfast hash with corned beef. Best breakfast I've had in a while. Everything was cooked to perfection. THe veggies in the has were grilled just right. THe eggs were perfect and the corned beef was great! I imagine their corned beef has would be excellent based on what I found this morning!

Reviewed February 22, 2013

This place was popular, just seat yourself. Menu included a few specials.We selected a crisp, fresh salad with salmon, and pork chop with mashed potatoes and green beans with marinated dried tomatoes. Service good. Cloth napkins.

Reviewed February 19, 2013

Tasty, a bit pricy and the service could be better. Food was very flavorful, however. Typical bar/grill scene, but not too noisy or crazy on a Monday night.

Reviewed February 19, 2013 via mobile

Good place to me. Big bar with lots of drinks. I had the Mac n cheese. It was great. Wife has the Cesar. It was a little fishy.

Reviewed February 19, 2013

Arrived late into Calistoga and was looking for a quick bite to eat. The Hydro Bar and Grill caught my eye with a large banner out front that said, “Award-Winning Burgers”. I do love burgers but I’m trying to limit my red meat intake, so I decided to order a simple BLT and sweet potato fries to go. When I got back to my hotel and opened the boxes containing my dinner, I was disappointed. The BLT was made with the usual ingredients of bacon, lettuce, and tomato, but the bread part was really sad looking. It was made with really thin pieces of toasted white bread. The sweet potato fries were criss cut and it looked good until I bit into it and found that it was bland. Sweet potato should have sweetness, but these fries were tasteless. It was probably the most expensive BLT and sweet potato fries lunch I’ve ever had at $13.78. I would recommend trying burgers and other fares here, and stay away from BLT.