“Brennan's lamb tasted burnt and overcooked”
Review of Brannan's Grill - CLOSED

Brannan's Grill
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Washington
Transit: The Vine, # 10 bus stops a half block away and offers service from San Francisco via BayLink Ferry to Vallejo, Napa, Yountville and St Helena .
Reviewed August 1, 2018 via mobile

We had ordered four items to share as our waiter recommended said their dishes were on the small side. But in reality, after eating their baby beet salad and pull apart bread, both good choices as starters, we felt we almost full. The pork ribs were on the sweet side and somewhat fat. Their lamb tasted burnt, and hard, not recommended.

Reviewed July 22, 2018

We had brunch here while traveling. We had a nice window seat and were served promptly. I ordered a burger and my wife a salad. The burger was a bit over cooked as I ordered it medium. The fries were cooked the way I like them. My wife enjoyed her salad. The drinks were a bit pricey but good.

Reviewed July 12, 2018 via mobile

Had dinner here one night when visiting Calistoga. The food was great and we were not disappointed. Some great sharing plates to try and excellent choice on the menu.

Would have put it down to a perfect night except when paying the bill and they decided to return the change less 20% tip without even asking us or telling us what they had done. Not acceptable in our world but maybe it's normal in this place. That's why I only rated it a four star otherwise it would have been five.

Reviewed July 6, 2018

We've been visiting Calistoga since 2006 and Brannan's was one of our favorite restaurants. The staff back then included several women servers like Lizann, who has since left, and the food was very good.

In recent years the food has been average and the servers mostly men who seem to be going through the motions for a tip. We decided to have a late afternoon lunch on a Friday and were seated by Peter, the host, and served by Angel who was impatient and glanced at his watch as we were looking over the menu and asking questions. I asked about the Soup and Grilled Cheese Sandwiches, and Angel simply said that everything on the menu was good. My friend ordered the Fish Tacos and Wines of the World, and I decided on the Soup and Grilled Cheese. The Fish Tacos were okay, but my dish consisted of two shot glasses of soup and two finger-food size sandwiches. The three wines were a Pinot Noir, Malbec, and Barolo that were average quality.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed June 27, 2018

Had my birthday dinner here with my friend and we were VERY pleased with the food, price and service. Can't wait to eat there again - and I won't wait until my birthday to do so!

Date of visit: June 2018