“Yuck - overpriced, average food, and they charge for stale bread”
Review of Brannan's Grill

Brannan's Grill
Ranked #12 of 45 Restaurants in Calistoga
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Bar scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Washington
Transit: The Vine, # 10 bus stops a half block away and offers service from San Francisco via BayLink Ferry to Vallejo, Napa, Yountville and St Helena .
Reviewed March 8, 2014

We (a group of 6) ate here last Saturday night. Because we were a group of 6, they slapped on an 18% service charge and we got lackluster service from beginning to end. Normally, the servers in Napa are a friendly and fun bunch - not ours. What is the world coming to when they charge for bread? And it was stale. Reheating a stale round of bread, slapping it in a skillet and swirling a little garlic salt in your butter is NOT worth $5 and it was insulting to pay it and have it be horrid. We were overcharged for our bottle of wine (did they think we wouldn't notice?) and everyone's food was average. Again, this is Napa - step up your game. We won't be back - everyone in the group came away disappointed and shaking their heads that this place was still in business.

3  Thank Sue H

Reviewed March 3, 2014

I wanted to take my husband to a nice restaurant while in Calistoga. The ambiance here is very nice, and the food is alright. We had to purchase bread and butter for $5 but it came toasted in a cast-iron pan with melted garlic butter on it. It was tasty, but I wasn't happy that it wasn't included. My husband was fortunate to get an item on the lunch menu for dinner, but I'm a vegetarian and I had to resort to the 'side dishes' menu to find something to eat. The food tasted good but was over-priced. Our waiter was not friendly at all, and hardly ever looked or spoke to me. He seemed only to address my husband, which angered me. There aren't a lot of restaurants in downtown Calistoga but you can certainly have a better experience elsewhere.

1  Thank Sexie-Veggie
Reviewed February 11, 2014

We actually got up and left. First we were seated in a sea of tables (ten) that were all being served by one server. - on two different levels. The first shock we received was that the least expensive glass of Pinot was $16 ~ which might seem reasonable for the 1%, but we are working class people. The next insult, in my opinion, that the bread and butter that used to be given when you sat down is now $5.00. Ridiculous...especially given that the food and service are mediocre at best. There were so many "flags" about not staying here and eating that we got up and went down the street for Chinese food at Soo Yuans and will not be returning.

1  Thank kimnoreen
Reviewed February 7, 2014

We have favorite restaurants in Calistoga, but wanted to find something new. Brannan's Grill is an attractive restaurant and felt very welcoming. Unfortunately, the food wasn't very good. My salmon was okay, but the swiss chard was sandy, which ruined the whole thing. The risotto was gluey, and the salads were overdressed. The people who ordered fish and chips were the happiest. The prices are way too high for the quality of food we had.

Reviewed January 14, 2014

If it wasn't for the tourist trade, this place would not exist. Food is mediocre and way overpriced. Atmosphere is loud.