“Quick Lunch Before an Afternoon of Wine Tasting”
Review of Brannan's Grill

Brannan's Grill
Ranked #16 of 45 Restaurants in Calistoga
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Bar scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Washington
Transit: The Vine, # 10 bus stops a half block away and offers service from San Francisco via BayLink Ferry to Vallejo, Napa, Yountville and St Helena .
Reviewed September 12, 2013

Being in somewhat of a time crunch before getting to a scheduled winery event, we were able to get a quick lunch at Brannan's, thanks to our waiter, Bryan. Our food, the crispy chicken sliders and a fried shrimp special, was good but not spectacular. Overall, there was nothing wrong with our lunch at Brannan's, but there was also nothing wowing.

Reviewed September 10, 2013 via mobile

Brannan's is a great place. We had the pork chop and salmon entrees - and both were outstanding. Service was outstanding, too! The perfect place for our last night in town!

Reviewed September 10, 2013 via mobile

Gorgeous setting...waited forever for our food with warm draft beer..$12 for a warm limp wedge salad with 2 grape tomatoes and very little dressing...all is ala carte and way overpriced! Server was indifferent to all our concerns...never going back...atmosphere is all they have going for them.

Reviewed September 7, 2013

Can't believe I sat through this. The prickly waiter's demeanor at the outset should have told me it was time to abort mission. We had 3 entrees, 5 appetizers/starters and 3 desserts among 4 people. If you knocked 30% off the price I would have said the meal was filling and forgettable. The entrees were solid, but none of the starters really worked, not fresh or tasty. For example the arugula/pork/watermelon was skimpy, the watermelon sat for a long time after slicing, with a few small pieces of desiccated pork. The desserts were off too, didn't work at all, again,not fresh.
If you read my reviews, I'm an easy grader, and I appreciate the hard work that goes on in a kitchen. But this place is such an obvious trap that I hope this damning review wilI spare someone the ripped-off feeling I had after paying my considerable bill at Brannan's.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

My wife and I enjoyed our late lunch in Brannan's. Since it was around three in the afternoon there were few patrons. We received excellent attentive, service, but were also allowed time to have a cocktails and relax for a while. My wife had a Cobb salad and I the specialty shrimp casserole, both were excellent