“WAY overpriced!”
Review of Brannan's Grill

Brannan's Grill
Ranked #13 of 44 Restaurants in Calistoga
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups, Business meetings, Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Washington
Transit: The Vine, # 10 bus stops a half block away and offers service from San Francisco via BayLink Ferry to Vallejo, Napa, Yountville and St Helena .
Reviewed September 10, 2013 via mobile

Gorgeous setting...waited forever for our food with warm draft beer..$12 for a warm limp wedge salad with 2 grape tomatoes and very little dressing...all is ala carte and way overpriced! Server was indifferent to all our concerns...never going back...atmosphere is all they have going for them.

Reviewed September 7, 2013

Can't believe I sat through this. The prickly waiter's demeanor at the outset should have told me it was time to abort mission. We had 3 entrees, 5 appetizers/starters and 3 desserts among 4 people. If you knocked 30% off the price I would have said the meal was filling and forgettable. The entrees were solid, but none of the starters really worked, not fresh or tasty. For example the arugula/pork/watermelon was skimpy, the watermelon sat for a long time after slicing, with a few small pieces of desiccated pork. The desserts were off too, didn't work at all, again,not fresh.
If you read my reviews, I'm an easy grader, and I appreciate the hard work that goes on in a kitchen. But this place is such an obvious trap that I hope this damning review wilI spare someone the ripped-off feeling I had after paying my considerable bill at Brannan's.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

My wife and I enjoyed our late lunch in Brannan's. Since it was around three in the afternoon there were few patrons. We received excellent attentive, service, but were also allowed time to have a cocktails and relax for a while. My wife had a Cobb salad and I the specialty shrimp casserole, both were excellent

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Spectacular restaurant, especially if you like steak. It is pricey, but if you are going to splurge while visiting Calistoga, this is the place to do it.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

The waiter was snobbish and kept trying to up-sell us. There were four in our party--we all had steak and it was good, very tender, but in my opinion, it was over priced. The atmosphere is nice, very pleasant, but that's the way a lot of the restaurants in Calistoga are. I enjoyed the meal, but I would not return due to the snobbishness of the wait-staff and the over-priced menu for the value of the food.