“Good food and service”
Review of Brannan's Grill

Brannan's Grill
Ranked #17 of 45 Restaurants in Calistoga
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Bar scene, Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Washington
Transit: The Vine, # 10 bus stops a half block away and offers service from San Francisco via BayLink Ferry to Vallejo, Napa, Yountville and St Helena .
Reviewed September 4, 2013

My wife and I enjoyed our late lunch in Brannan's. Since it was around three in the afternoon there were few patrons. We received excellent attentive, service, but were also allowed time to have a cocktails and relax for a while. My wife had a Cobb salad and I the specialty shrimp casserole, both were excellent

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Spectacular restaurant, especially if you like steak. It is pricey, but if you are going to splurge while visiting Calistoga, this is the place to do it.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

The waiter was snobbish and kept trying to up-sell us. There were four in our party--we all had steak and it was good, very tender, but in my opinion, it was over priced. The atmosphere is nice, very pleasant, but that's the way a lot of the restaurants in Calistoga are. I enjoyed the meal, but I would not return due to the snobbishness of the wait-staff and the over-priced menu for the value of the food.

Reviewed September 1, 2013

Recently spent the weekend in the bucolic town Of Calistoga and had a very tasty dinner at Brannans. It has a very American (Continental) Steak and Seafood Cuisine. Me and my lady went for dinner and found it to be a bit pricey but quite delicious.

We split an order of the artichoke for the appetizer which was crisp and grilled to perfection. The sauce was a little to rich for us but with a squeeze of lemon thats all you needed for the tender leaves.

We then got into our entrees and we decided one would go for fish and one for meat.
The salmon fillet and pork loin were the choices and both were a hit. The salmon was perfectly grilled and seasoned and served with scrumptious lake beans. The pork loin was also perfect cooked and seasoned. We thoroughly enjoyed both dishes. The only real complaint was that they were a bit more expensive than comparable dishes to what we are accustomed to...but I guess you pay a little bit more in a tourist town...We would definitely come back.

Reviewed August 30, 2013

Lamb shank while cooked perfectly, had no flavor. A little more salt and some other seasoning would have been good.