“Beautiful setting. Delicious food.”
Review of Calistoga Inn

Calistoga Inn
Reserve with OpenTable
Calistoga Inn is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 44 Restaurants in Calistoga
Cuisines: American, Contemporary, Brew Pub
Good for: Romantic, Scenic view
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Cedar St.
Reviewed June 19, 2014

Our party had a memorable dinner at the Calistoga Inn located on the main street of Calistoga. We ate in the courtyard where we were surrounded by lovely flowers and foliage. An accomplished guitar player added to the delightful ambiance. But, even without the wonderful environment, we would have remembered this location for the food. Unique combinations - pasta with avocado and lime; figs added to salads, toasted artichokes with salmon. All good. No need to bring your own wine. The wines were good and inexpensive.

1  Thank Victoria W

Reviewed June 18, 2014

Had the most delicious avocado fettuccini . The outdoor terrace cafe was so lovely. Good service, too.

Reviewed June 16, 2014 via mobile

We had lunch here. The atmosphere appealed a lot. I had a burger that needed more flavor but I would go again and try something else. My husband enjoyed the club sandwich. It is imperative that you have the garlic bread knots appetizer!

1  Thank KathyL1956
Reviewed June 15, 2014

Nice outside seating area. Service was slow. Our waiter was practically running all evening but we started wondering whether he was working at two restaurants(!?!) - he'd disappear for an eternity even after the restaurant emptied out. All other wait staff seemed like they had it in hand.

Salmon was perfectly cooked. Vegetables were way over salted as was the coleslaw on the crab cakes. Crab cakes were not very flavorful.

Wine list seemed decent although I would have picked more/only California wines and ditched some of the cheap out of state choices. Should have opened one of ours.

Reviewed June 14, 2014

Dined here with two families on our way through wine country. We walked up at dinner time and were seated right away in the 'back yard outside'; essentially an outdoor seating area resembling a picnic set up. This was great for the kids, as they could get out all their energy stored. The menu for adults was quite nice. I had the country paella; this was excellent, prepared fine, bursting with flavor, and just enough of a portion to fill me without letting me over eat. My wife had the steak frites and found it cooked to her specification, tender, and well flavored. Also had the cucumber gazpacho; nice flavor and texture. Of note, the cheese pizza my son ordered was quite high end in cheese quality; he loved it and ate almost the whole thing...well done guys.

My only complaint is that our server was 'new' and was not familiar with many aspects of the menu or did not know if they had certain items (i.e. pickles and shredded cheese for the kids, what all was in the paella, typical preparation of the steaks, characteristics of their beers). There should have been a more experienced staff assisting them if that was the case, because the total delay each time we asked a question and they had to run off and check probably added 20 minutes on our experience.

I would recommend this restaurant for families. Couples and smaller parties appeared to be seated in a different outdoor section near live music, which is nice to have some separation so we didn't have to worry about disturbing others upscale evening. Hopefully, the server will get up to speed or have broader training in the future.