“Sweet Burritos are not my thing”
Review of Puerta Vallarta

Puerta Vallarta
Ranked #23 of 44 Restaurants in Calistoga
Cuisines: Mexican
Description: in the alley, next to Calmart grocery store
Description: in the alley, next to Calmart grocery store
San Francisco, California
“Sweet Burritos are not my thing”
Reviewed April 25, 2013

This place was just okay. Based on the other Yelp Reviews, we were expecting a better meal overall. The burrito was quite sizeable but had a sweet sauce smothered all over it. I like my burritos spicy with flavor, but not a sugary taste.

• Visited April 2013

Santa Monica, California
“Great stop for Mexican”
Reviewed April 4, 2013

The food here is tasty but I rate it as average because it is pretty standard fare. When I am in Calistoga, I almost always eat one meal here. The service is great, the prices rock and it is consistent. Great choice when in the mood for enchiladas.

• Visited July 2012
Sedona, Arizona
“Average”
Reviewed March 13, 2013 via mobile

I would rate this as "average". The service was courteous. The beans bland and plentiful. I wouldn't go out of my way to go back.

“Great little hole in the wall”
Reviewed March 7, 2013 via mobile

This place was recommended by the front desk and was absolutely fantastic. Full of locals and I see why. I will always stop here when in the area.

Bay Area, CA
“Great Find in Calistoga”
Reviewed March 3, 2013

Pros: Ordered the guacamole and it was great with the free chips and salsa. I had the steak fajitas and they were excellent. The grilled jalapenos along with the normal veggies was a great addition. The meat was tasty and dry. Beans and rice were exceptional. My wife had the carne asada and had the same feedback. Also tried the margarita made with agave wine...WOW! when we get back into this area I will be finding and buying some of this agave wine!

Cons: Since we had stuff to do the following morning I couldn't have more than 1 margarita!

• Visited March 2013