“LOVED IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1”
Review of Lavender Hill Spa

Lavender Hill Spa
More attraction details
Owner description: Just a few steps from the historic Napa Valley Wine Country town of Calistoga, elegantly seated in a terraced garden hillside, you will find tiny and tranquil Lavender Hill Spa.Serene, Unique, Charming and Intimate. A harmonious blend of Napa Valley Wine Country beauty with exotic Asian influenced statuary and art create the perfect setting for high quality Calistoga spa treatments.Escape from the pressures of everyday life and experience Lavender Hill Spa, the alternative to the famous Calistoga Mud Bath and receive a massage from some of Calistoga’s best massage therapists.A short scenic drive from the Sonoma County Wine Country, Lavender Hill Spa offers spa treatments for couples, singles and friends in a private sanctuary of warmth, beauty and healing.
Reviewed March 20, 2005

Me and 7 of my friends went to this spa and we loved it! The atmosphere was relaxing! Only downsize was mothernature because we could not lounge outside because of the storming rain. These facility is great because its for couples or friends. I have been to spa's where there is only a woman side and men side. I advise the herbal bath wrap or the volcanic ash (which is not muddy at all)! Even the staff is friendly!

4  Thank NorthernCalifornia
There are newer reviews for Lavender Hill Spa

Reviewed February 13, 2005

I visited this spa on Sunday, 2/13/05 as a surprise gift for my girlfriend. I set the appointment a week in advance and the receptionist was very helpful.

Upon arrival at the spa, the surroundings, I would say are not the greatest, however, do keep an open mind, as looks are sometimes deceiving.

I opted for the volcanic ash mud bath and my girlfriend chose the thai bath. We were led to a private house with the bath(s) all set up. Mallory was really helpful and would just suggest knocking prior to opening the door! The volcanic ash mud bath was basically a hot bubble bath with little sprinkles of dirt that would sometimes ride up your crack. The thai massage was the same (without the sprinkles). Nonetheless, it was relaxing with the music and the cold cucumber drink and the lotion and the cucumber eye patches. Definitely pour some cold cucumber drink on your head, it's so refreshing

The bath lasted approx. 15 minutes, and when we got out, we felt so limp and relaxed. We were given instructions to get into a robe and head out to the main house, where the massages would take place.

My GF got the Therapeutic Massage (she rated it a 7 out of 10). The masseuse gave her a little twinge in the neck. My Deep Tissue massage was average, until it got to the neck and head, at which time, I was in heaven when she performed some swirling rubbing on my head. I gave her an 8 out of 10 for that.

Overall:

Pros: Good value ($250 for both + tip), good location, very relaxing experience, helpful staff.

Cons: Knock and wait before opening door, overrated volcanic ash mud bath, facilities showing a little age.

I would recommend this experience, however, I would like to see a full mud bath added to the experience.

3  Thank Nerdy_Dood
Reviewed September 7, 2004

What a great spa. My partner and I went a few years ago and had the couple's bath - two tubs facing each other so that you can enjoy each other's company while you soak. Then, during the cooldown, a wonderful foot massage. We then each did a private massage (no need to be in the same room when you are face down on a table), which were so relaxing. The spa was cheaper than others in the area yet the service was on par with much more expensive spas. We plan to return when we go back to Napa in April.

5  Thank ejsnyc
A TripAdvisor Member
Raleigh, NC
Reviewed June 27, 2004

I have to agree with everyone else. It was a wonderful experience. You were able to hear the traffic at times during your massage which was unfortunate, but otherwise the massage was wonderful and the bath was very relaxing. My husband had a aromatherapy bath and I had the volcanic ash bath. It didn't feel muddy as I expected and I could hardly tell anything was in the water except some ash. The place was clean and well kept and the best part is you get your full time. I am a stickler for time and my massage lasted the full hour like it is supposed to and the bath time was just enough. The foot massage was also great after the bath. I would definitely tell my friends to visit this spa!

8  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 7, 2004

My husband and I visited this spa and both received the volcanic mud bath and hour massage.
The bath was phenomenal. The setup was gorgeous, the bath attendant outstanding. I swear I drank a pitcher of the cucumber water myself!
The massages were excellent as well. My only complaint is the constant drone of traffic during the massage. The spa is immediately next to highway 29 and while they had music and a fountain, it was still distracting. (The traffic was not audible from the bathhouse).
I would definitely visit here again for a bath treatment, but would think twice about the massage due to the noise. There are many quieter spas in/near Calistoga.

3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member