“Relaxation at its best!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Lavender Hill Spa

Lavender Hill Spa
More attraction details
Owner description: Just a few steps from the historic Napa Valley Wine Country town of Calistoga, elegantly seated in a terraced garden hillside, you will find tiny and tranquil Lavender Hill Spa.Serene, Unique, Charming and Intimate. A harmonious blend of Napa Valley Wine Country beauty with exotic Asian influenced statuary and art create the perfect setting for high quality Calistoga spa treatments.Escape from the pressures of everyday life and experience Lavender Hill Spa, the alternative to the famous Calistoga Mud Bath and receive a massage from some of Calistoga’s best massage therapists.A short scenic drive from the Sonoma County Wine Country, Lavender Hill Spa offers spa treatments for couples, singles and friends in a private sanctuary of warmth, beauty and healing.
Lodi, CA
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Relaxation at its best!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2012

This place was recommended to use by several locals, so my daughter and I decided to try it out since there are so many to choose from. We had a bath treatment and message that were both out of the world! We agree that both were the BEST we have ever had. And we have had a few.

Visited July 2012

San Francisco, California
55 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 80 helpful votes
“Tranquil Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2012

I have been going to Lavender Hill for many years, actually since it first opened. Over the years, I have tried almost every spa in Calistoga and have found Lavender Hill to be the best experience of all. I am surprised by some of the other reviewers who mention the noise in the massage rooms. Quite honestly, I have never noticed and I am a person who needs quiet. Could be that the massage is so good I am practically asleep. This spa is very clean and they try very hard to please. I always get the bath and massage (their therapists are the best)! I would recommend the larger room. There are a few steps down to the bath area, with the tables upstairs. I love the foot massage after the bath. It is not meant to be a complete massage, but a soothing foot one to wind down. I have also been to the spa a number of times by myself and found it quite rejuvenating.

Visited June 2012
3 Thank travelsanti
Bay Area, CA
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Amazing for couples!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2012

We've been to this spa several times and have never been disappointed. It's tailored to couples and have your bath experience together in two, separate tubs. They then do a foot massage with you both side-by-side, followed by a massage in separate rooms. The massage therapists are great and it's so quiet and tranquil...very relaxing.

Visited April 2012
1 Thank Sheila R
San Francisco, California, United States
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Amazing place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2012

It seems like there is no where to go in this place since it appears small. The service was great and the spa treatment was absolutely amazing. My husband and I had a private cottage with 2 huge bathtubs, a bathroom and 2 massage tables and soothing music, you felt like you were on a private getaway. We both took the bath treatments which I would strongly recommend unless you don't like baths. We had side by side jet bath tubs with bubbles galore. I had the Volcanic ash bath which was amazing, the perfect everything. My husband had the seaweed treatment and he liked his as well. The attendant was very respectful and kind, she poured us water each time, she came in the perfect amount of times to make sure we were having a great experience. Her foot massage was very calming and soothing. Next time we go, we plan to do the bath and full body massage combo to go the extra mile. Its worth every penny.

Visited March 2012
Miami, Florida
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Relax post marathon, bliss!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2012

I recently visited Calistoga and the Napa Valley area to run in the 34th Napa Valley Marathon. 26.2 grueling miles is tough for even the most experienced Kenyan. I am not a fast runner and this race hit me with some challenges.

After 5 and 1/2 hours of running, I knew my reward would be my massage and ash mineral bath at Lavender HIll. I couldn't have been more right.

I started out in a large claw footed tub with hot ash mineral soak. Cold cucumber was placed on my eyes and I relaxed for 20 minutes. Then I was moved to a table to cool down and get a wonderful foot massage. I was in HEAVEN! It didn't end there... I then received a excellent massage, just what I needed to relax and loosen up.

The facility is small, very small, but what they don't have in size, they make up for in decor. It is laden with Thai themed decorations, statues, oils, scents, and relaxing music.

I very much enjoyed my post run massage and think a post wine day massage would also be equally wonderful. Check it out!

Visited March 2012