“Different and That's a Positive”
Review of Cuvaison Estate Wines - CLOSED

Cuvaison Estate Wines
More attraction details
Owner description: Our historic winery location with a contemporary take on the classic tasting environment. An inviting tasting bar offers a warm and intimate experience. Tree shaded picnic grounds available.
Brielle, New Jersey
54 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“Different and That's a Positive”
Reviewed July 13, 2012

A "different" tasting room, and that's a good thing, because that's what I find so interesting about Napa/Sonoma. Cuvaison Calistoga is many things to me: crisp, clean, open, warm, casual, and had that oak platform bed/lava lamp vibe for me. Nick poured for me and was both very friendly and extremely helpful when it came to shipping wine to NJ.

My only suggestion, and I'm not the only one to comment, is adding more munchies to the current lineup of John Wayne Beef Jerky (while not a fan of beef jerky, I did consume half the bag on the way to my next stop) and almonds.

I recommend Cuvaison to all that plan on visiting wine country.

1 Thank DianeXit98

Suwanee, Georgia
39 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 63 helpful votes
“One of my favorite wineries still!”
Reviewed July 12, 2012

This sass my 3rd time to visit Cuvaison. I know I love their wines, but the counter was full and we had no reservation....so at the suggestion of another couple with us, we bought a bottle of Chardonnay and went outside. Cuvaison has several picnic tables available for those who purchase one of their wines. We took our bottle and the winery loaned us some glasses and we had a lovely respite in the middle of our very busy day of tastings. I highly recommend a visit here whether for a tasting or simply to savor the beautiful outdoors!

Visited July 2012
Granite Bay, California
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Fun place”
Reviewed June 29, 2012

Great customer service and wonderful wine! It is a more modern winery but very cool place - worth the stop, for sure!

California
31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“Delightful Wine”
Reviewed June 17, 2012

Very friendly. Poured several wines. All the wines were very good!

Cheltenham, England, United Kingdom
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Good wines and friendly young staff”
Reviewed June 11, 2012

We did a bicycle circuit from Calistoga and this was our last stop. There was quite a crowd, but the staff were coping well. They offered useful advice without being pushy. The place has a youthful and modern feel - we saw bottles juggled as in a cocktail bar - but they did not make us oldies feel out of place! We bought a couple of bottles, so the tasting was free. We also bought a bottle of their chocolate wine sauce and can confirm it's great over ice cream. As we'd run out of carrying capacity on the bikes, they were very happy to keep our purchases until we could come back with the car.

Visited May 2012