“What a dive!” 1 of 5 bubbles

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“What a dive!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2006

This is one of the rare occasions where I find my experience to be in stark contrast to the existing TripAdvisor rating. Frank Family was a poor experience. The wine was far from spectacular. The tasting room felt like an aged portable building on a construction site. The staff was preoccupied discussing local scandals. The tasting was free, and good thing, because we would have been upset if we paid to go here.

2 Thank uvahaole

A TripAdvisor Member
“Don't Miss!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2003

I've been to Napa/Sonoma a total of 5 times. I had an excellent time each visit. One of those times I went to Frank Family Vineyards with a group of 5 other friends. We were very impressed with their bubbly, wine (especially the Chardonnay) and tour, but we were blown away by their friendliness. Hands down, the favorite of the 30+ wineries I've visited. I would like to see their products a bit more affordable, and available, but I can say that about nearly everyone.

None of the other wineries we visited were near their scale of friendliness.

The only winery that we thought beat Frank Family for wine tastiness was Pine Ridge...although Frank Family tastings are free, and Pine Ridge was rather expensive for their top tier tasting.

Artesa is also beautiful, and their reserve cab is unbelievable.

6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member