“Great wine, people and atmoshere”

Frank Family Vineyards
Book In Advance
More Info
$125.00*
and up
Napa Valley Wine Tour - Small Group
Ranked #11 of 70 things to do in Calistoga
Reviewed July 21, 2009

First visit to Frank Family - was receomended by a friend. The wine was fantastic - their cab is awesome. Their staff was very friendly and accomodating. One of top 5 stops on our week ling tour of Napa and Sonoma.

All reviews
"wine country"
"winston"
in 9 reviews

Reviewed April 14, 2009

I really enjoy going to Frank Family. I live in Calistoga and whenever i have friends or family from outside the area in town, I'm always sure to take them here. They've got great sparkling and still wines, they're super friendly and have a beautiful new tasting room. I sorta miss the old shack they were in, was a bit more like home to me but I'll forgive them. If you're going to visit a winery near Calistoga, this one is a must.

Reviewed December 31, 2008

Went to Frank Family early in the morning and had a pleasant stay. Not my top tastings, but they had 2 tasty wines and were very friendly and helpful

2  Thank rangers23
Reviewed July 16, 2008

Honestly, I wish I could say the winery was friendly. To be fair, it may have been just one terrible host. My husband and I went there a couple of years ago and were treated absolutely horribly. We were basically ignored and left after 15 minutes. The host was super nice to everybody else but treated us and another couple like crap, which made us feel crappier as this showed he was being a selective a**hole. It’s different if somebody treats everybody like crap. We’re not sure what his issue was. The only thing I can think of is that the couple was European and we are an Asian-American couple who dress more like “city folk”.

I was shocked at his rude behavior, especially in light of everything I’ve heard about how they try to make one feel at home. We didn’t do anything to deserve this type of treatment. I felt like the host prejudged us and probably thought we were some uptight city snobs who would look down on their “rustic, old, and somewhat on the shabby side” room just based on our appearance. Honestly, I can’t think of any other reason for his behavior.

In retrospect, I realized I should have probably spoken to either the owner/manager or write a letter a couple of years ago when the incident occurred.

The incident upset me a great deal to the point that two years later, I still refuse to set foot in that place. I was just visiting the Napa Valley last week and passed by the winery. I just kept on driving.

Apparently, a lot of people have had positive experiences there. Great for them. We just wish we would have been one of them. There are many wonderful wineries in Napa. We’ve been cordially greeted at every single one we have visited. Ironically, Frank Family Winery, the winery known for friendliness, has been our only blemish.

3  Thank msneedle
See more reviews
Reviewed July 15, 2008

We had a great wine tasting experience at Frank Family - staff was informative, humorous, and friendly. We got sent to 2 tasting bars actually - the first bar is to taste their sparklings (3 of them) and the second bar is to taste their one Chardonnay and then 4 - 5 different reds. All their wines were very good, I enjoyed several of them quite a bit. Pours are generous, especially for a free tasting. I would definitely recommend!