New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

“Perefect anniversary retreat” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hideaway Cottages

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Calistoga
Hideaway Cottages
You added Hideaway Cottages to your Saves list
Ranked #15 of 15 Hotels in Calistoga
Stanford, California, United States
“Perefect anniversary retreat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

We spent the July 4 weekend at the cottages for an anniversary retreat and loved it. Unlike the pretensions in some other facilities, the Hideaway Cottages are everything one needs for a perfect getaway without the high prices or ego of Napa and Sonoma. The quiet grounds and pool encourage relaxing with a good book and eating breakfast under a tree on the lawn. The town's restaurants and shops are only a few blocks away when the mood strikes. The staff was helpful and accomodating and made us feel welcomed. Highly recommended, and we'll be back. Just don't tell too many others about it.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank David K
Dear David K,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our "hidden" Hideaway Cottages! Feedback means everything to us and we are all so pleased that you had a quiet and relaxing stay with us.

We hope to see you again soon!

All best,

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

Lovely modest accommodations, in a quiet well-maintained setting. No children running and screaming, or jumping in the pool creating mayhem. Love kids (I have three grown ones), but at this point in my life, when I want to get away for a brief weekend, I want serenity and peace. That's what this little gem offers.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear samwine,

Many thanks for your kind review. I am pleased that you had a restful and relaxing stay with us. Indeed, our "unplugged", no children environment makes for a great wine country getaway!

I hope to see you here again soon!

Best wishes,
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, this place!! Both the Hideaway Cottages & the spa treatments at Dr. Wilkinson's! We've been coming for 10 years & are always excited to come back. The cottages are really sweet & the grounds are so restful. We park our car when we get there & just walk everywhere in town. Thanks for a wonderful stay!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Colleen P
Dear Colleen P,

Thank so very much for the terrific review! I am thrilled that you enjoyed your visit with us and hope to see you here again soon! And yes, our sister property, Dr. Wilkinson's Hot Springs Resort offers a wonderful variety of soothing treaments, for body and soul!

Hope to see you here again soon!

Concord, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Hideaway Cottages in Calistoga for our anniversary. It was a perfect place for a couple to have a nice, quiet and relaxing getaway. Beautifully landscaped and not a lot of people. There are no kids under age 18 allowed so it's definitely engaging for couples. If i brought my son, I would have to stay somewhere else, but it was perfect for the two of us. I definitely recommend!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank relaine2581
Redlands, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

The property is beautiful. The cabins are adorable, we always feel like we've stepped back in time when we come here. I'm almost reluctant to write this review because I think they are such a fabulous little secret! Someday I'm going to hole up in one of these cabins and write that screenplay!
I love the compact simplicity of the layout and the no children/pets policy! If you like a lot of foo foo fancy things, you may not like this blast from the past, it does feel like a cabin, not a resort.
Breakfast is a brown bag with delicious scones, orange juice and we had a delicious peach, the banana was way past it's ripe date!

Room Tip: We've stayed in "Rome" and "Vienna". They are both lovely.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

My friends and I have stayed here a few times over the years. We absolutely love it. Their front desk staff seems like they've been there forever (Teresita and James have always been extremely attentive and accomodating).

We tend to stay in any of their garden front deluxe cottages because they are so close to the pool. The breakfast is delicious, the rooms are extremely clean, the pools are refreshing and the grounds are beautiful. Everyone should come out here and experience some awesome relaxation.

Oh, and did I mention that they're an 18+ property? No kids running around! I can't say enough good things about this place.

Room Tip: Ask for any of the garden front deluxe rooms. They are right next to the pool!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank HellaNorCal82
Mark W, Owner at Hideaway Cottages, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Dear 82 California Girl,

Thank you so much for the kind review! It is always such a pleasure knowing that our guests have an enjoyable stay here with us! Your compliments have been shared with James and Teresita and we look forward to your return visit! The grounds and pols are especially welcoming these days with the great Spring weather! Our "no guests under 18" policy makes for a very quiet environment at all times!

Thanks again!
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

I and my partner have stayed at both Dr. Wilkinson's (the mother property) and Hideaway. Especially in spring through Fall Hideaway is a terrific find. Wilkinson's don't market it all that much I guess but the cottages are wonderful and private. Two mineral water pools, elms and lots of other trees. Rates come with what they call a "tote" breakfast. Really good.......coffee, juice, oats and some pastry. Cottages are pre-retro with tiled kitchens, great coffee maker, great beds with nice linens, etc. The place is soooooooo quiet but two blocks from the main street. Teresita (sp?) is always welcoming and even helped us find a last minute dinner at Jole Restaurant. This place and staff is a gem....Some people don't get "the cool". I think I do. If you want splash and to pay more cash, stay elsewhere. I love this very special piece of Napa Valley!

Room Tip: ask for a garden front deluxe. Close to pools and charming
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple